Author Topic: Skurmis Vs Computer Player  (Read 1513 times)

Offline docwho83

Skurmis Vs Computer Player
« on: August 08, 2008, 03:49:45 PM »
Could someone figure out how to make a patch for this idea and put it out. I would like to play vs the computer on some of these maps that I have never played. Also would like to move the demo map to be playable.

Thanks
Docwho

Offline Mez

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 05:33:01 PM »
There's a large programming forum, sdk, and our op2 download should give you an idea of user made content.

If you want to do this then we assume you have a good knowledge of c programming.

Not that I understand what you actually want to do as you gave no explanation. But I would suggest making a few small maps and dll's to get a feel for what you need to do.

Topic moved to programming section
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 05:34:24 PM by Mez »

Offline Hidiot

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 03:35:55 AM »
Just to be clear, we are years away from getting a generic AI that we can use on any map with little adjustments. Right now we have to hard-code each and every AI and their movements, decisions, etc in each level that has AI.

Also, to add AI possibility to all maps, we'd have to re-make the maps to incorporate an AI. And that involves using debuggers and extracting usable code to be used in re-compiling the new, improved level.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"