Author Topic: So What's The Story For Op3?  (Read 6422 times)

Offline Amrazek

So What's The Story For Op3?
« on: April 09, 2008, 01:04:10 PM »
I see lots of fanfiction for pre/during/post OP2 era, but nothing beyond that.  What do people see OP3 as being about?  What's going to be the main story there?  In OP2 you had the splintered colony for war, the blight to force both sides to keep bases small and mobile and to be efficient with materials, and increasingly frequent and destructive disasters to spice things up.  What will OP3 have?

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 02:51:06 PM »
Plot holes

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 08:09:03 PM »
I see lots of fanfiction for pre/during/post OP2 era, but nothing beyond that.
How do you go beyond the future?

Regardless, if you want to talk about OP3 story, I suggest you go to an OP3 forum, not the Novellas forum.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Amrazek

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 06:39:33 PM »
Regardless, if you want to talk about OP3 story, I suggest you go to an OP3 forum, not the Novellas forum.
None of the active OP3 projects have a story subforum or even thread.  Why is the only forum section dedicated to fiction not suitable to discuss OP3 fiction in?  The description of this section says nothing about limiting posts to OP2 story.

As for "going beyond the future", it's actually quite easy.  You make up something after the colonists have left New Terra.  There's lots of fiction around about that, but it doesn't describe what new challenge(s) the colony must overcome.  Unless everybody envisions some kind of giant colony population game with no combat?  :huh:  

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 07:01:33 AM »
This question is irrelevant now, it seems.
http://www.forum.outpostuniverse.net/index...?showtopic=4208
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Amrazek

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 04:26:12 PM »
I saw that thread  :'(  Some day ...