Author Topic: Cc With Higher Power Output  (Read 5367 times)

Offline TRIX Rabbit

• http://androidar.deviantart.com/
Cc With Higher Power Output
« on: April 01, 2008, 08:58:57 PM »
I think a big problem in op2 was trying to start a basic colony. if the cc gave 50 power, that means you need to have 4 convecs. If the power output of a CC was increased to 100, the CC could power a Structure Fact. and A ComSmelter. Or, for a mining colony, a ComSmelter and a rareSmelter. It would eliminate the Tokamak, which would make colony evac much easier, and a backup colony would be easier to store.

Command Center (Improved Power output)
Power out = 100
Research:
n/a (basic)

I have thought that the colonists should have fixed that right away, considering how much they moved around.
I'm more commonly known as AndroidAR now:
My deviantArt

Offline DarekStar

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 03:20:35 PM »
if i remember right the Cc has a much smaller generater and most of its room is ocupied by savents. correct me if im rong plz.
-Darek

Caution this user refuses to spell check or even try and spell corectly unless posting a story.

so bare with him

Offline Prometheus

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 10:39:35 PM »
If you're simply talking about for an expansion then this is unnecessary provided you have a large enough power surplus at your main colony (remember that there's no need for power lines in op2).

Otherwise though, I would suspect that both colonies looked at this option during the op2 campaign but decided that it would impair the CC's designed function too much to be practical.

You could have one building that does everything but it would either not do it well or be impracitally large.  It's best to have a number of specialized buildings that do only one thig but do it well and efficently.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 12:06:28 AM »
You would have to start out with a tok i dont see any reason not to start with on built or packed.  it also wouldnt get rid of the Tokamak you still need it for the rest of the colony.

Offline TRIX Rabbit

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 11:46:48 AM »
I'm just suggesting having the power at 100, to:
1.) Decrease the load on the tokamak, because,
2.) It can support both a Structfact and a Common Smelter, so if the colony is destroyed, only 3 convecs are needed to start a colony instead of 4
My deviantArt

Offline Hidiot

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 12:06:36 PM »
The idea has some merit...

You can't really start a new colony without the added aid of your old one without a tokamak.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline TRIX Rabbit

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 02:41:21 PM »
The idea has some merit...

You can't really start a new colony without the added aid of your old one without a tokamak.
Thank you!
That's the exact point I'm getting at!

I'm just throwing Ideas around, but I think that This could make for interesting scenarios.

Wouldn't mankind survive better if they could start new colonies faster, with less resources?
My deviantArt

Offline Prometheus

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 01:21:24 AM »
The idea does have some merit to it.  The upgraded CC could be enabled through research (likely at the advanced lab) and cost somewhat more, but not as much as a full tokamak.

Currently a CC cost 2800 common while a tokamak cost 1100 common.  Maybe have the upgraded cost be the standard CC cost 1/2 the tokamak cost?  Say 3350 common with an additional rare cost.  The CC would have to be made larger to accommodate the larger power plant.  Maybe make it 4x5 tiles instead of the 3x5 it is now?

Offline Hidiot

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 03:34:18 AM »
Adding rare ore to CC's?!

That would be... bad, since you couldn't rebuild your rare-ore mining outpost if it were destroyed. Cause you couldn't replace your CC.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 02:12:05 PM »
Increasing the power for the CC for OP2 is easy to do btw.

Offline Hidiot

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 02:13:37 PM »
But that would require synching for multilayer... unless such a change was embedded in a new patch release.

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 08:06:55 PM »
But the last time the VOLs were changed for a patch, things got pretty ugly around here.
But why are we talking about OP2 in the Genesis forum?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 08:07:08 PM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hidiot

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 03:37:20 AM »
Because some people do have a tendency to go off-topic.

And OP2 is a place where you can test the increased power output for the CC. Amongst other things that may make it into OP3.