Author Topic: Interesting....  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Sorcer

Interesting....
« on: December 26, 2007, 04:12:56 PM »
just kinda felt like getting op2 re-installed....is it possible to get the patches for the game alone? and also the extra maps and s***? cause i still have my cd and it works....

also i remember a guy named leviathan running this back in the day (after Won went down i mean) is he still around? and anyone else that may remember me or i may remember from the WON day's?

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Interesting....
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 04:41:31 PM »
I think the offical updates are around somewhere, but you won't be able to play multiplayer here that way. There has been a few patches to the game that everyone here uses and makes the two copies incompatible. One notable patch was the removal of the cheats, which were a problem in multiplayer. Another was some network changes to allow the game to work from behind routers (provided port forwarding was setup), but most people use Hamachi (virtual LAN) now anyways, so that doesn't really matter so much anymore.

Leviathan is definately still around.

Offline Leviathan

Interesting....
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 05:09:15 PM »
I am here but not at much as I would like to be.

Hey Sorcer! Hope you will be staying around. Outpost 2 rocks! :D

Offline Nightmare24148

Interesting....
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 05:38:21 PM »
Well duh?

And yeah, Im around too, I should be much more -__-
I look to see, in the mirror.

All I see, is that he is me.

Offline greytrains

Interesting....
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 09:58:59 PM »
just kinda felt like getting op2 re-installed....is it possible to get the patches for the game alone? and also the extra maps and s***? cause i still have my cd and it works....
I have the three "original" updates that I can send to you tomorrow if you want.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 09:59:23 PM by greytrains »
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

Offline Sirbomber

Interesting....
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 11:02:34 PM »
I think you can find them someplace on the site if you snoop around hard enough.
But like I said, those updates (as well as many others we made ourselves to improve the game further) are included in our downloadable version of OP2.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials