Author Topic: Working Cold War!  (Read 4320 times)

Offline Marohen

Working Cold War!
« on: November 28, 2007, 12:46:16 AM »
Tada! I went to hell and back to get the compiler working, but I've made some adjustments to Plymouth Cold War, now on hard you will receive twenty people and you can build laser turrets by default.

The down side? Compiler issues prevented me from being able to compile the mission briefing, future work (And hopefully feedback) will help fix this and other things.

Thank you, and enjoy!

PS: Simply make a backup of your old file in the core OP2 directory and then toss this one in to replace it. Voila!

Offline Sirbomber

Working Cold War!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 02:43:04 PM »
Cold War worked before. A difficulty level of impossible isn't "not working"...
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Working Cold War!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 08:33:47 PM »
Here's my take on it. I've changed the mission briefing to give it more of a backstory, given the player more colonists, and, well...
Currently, the mission briefing text doesn't fit in the whole text area, you'll need to click inside of it and press down to see the rest. Then again, it's just "good luck", so there's not much of a need to. I'll need to ask BlackBox about how to increase the size of the text area.

Edit: Slightly updated this version. The mission briefing dialog is bigger now, I tinkered with the difficulty multipliers (amount of colonists, metals, and food should be about the same as the previous version), and each of Plymouth's defenses only have a 35-65% (depending on the difficulty) chance of being dual turret.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 09:32:06 AM by Arklon »

Offline Sirbomber

Working Cold War!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 07:10:57 AM »
That part where he trails off is him trying not to tell you he made it more impossible by giving Plymouth dual-turret Lynx(es? I was never quite sure if plural of Lynx was Lynx or Lynxes...).
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Tellaris

Working Cold War!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 11:33:06 PM »
Impossible?   HA!   I almost beat it, if it wasn't for the fact that its still crashy.   20 lynx.   Assorted Laser/EMP/Railgun, fully upgraded.    Virtually drove right through Plym's defenses and hit the Adv. Lab.   It was about to die, when the game crashed.   If anything, its easy now, at least to me.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 11:33:20 PM by Baikon »
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Working Cold War!
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 03:10:37 AM »
I would like to suggest Lynxi as a possible plural of Lynx. :P

(Not that you'll see me using that myself.)

Offline Leviathan

Working Cold War!
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 04:27:29 AM »
Nice work anyway.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Working Cold War!
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 05:23:27 PM »
Impossible?   HA!   I almost beat it, if it wasn't for the fact that its still crashy.   20 lynx.   Assorted Laser/EMP/Railgun, fully upgraded.    Virtually drove right through Plym's defenses and hit the Adv. Lab.   It was about to die, when the game crashed.   If anything, its easy now, at least to me.
What difficulty? And was the bottom mine a 3 bar?

Offline Sirbomber

Working Cold War!
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 09:08:03 PM »
Arklon, if you really want to make it evil, add 8193 speed Blight that spawns on the player's ore mine(s).

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Working Cold War!
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 09:59:42 PM »
Arklon, if you really want to make it evil, add 8193 speed Blight that spawns on the player's ore mine(s).
Where's the fun in that?
I could make it so that Plymouth rushes you with all its dual turret lynx at the very beginning :P

Offline Hidiot

Working Cold War!
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 01:41:10 AM »
That'd be in direct contradiction with the briefing that your base has yet to be discovered.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Working Cold War!
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 02:45:25 PM »
That'd be in direct contradiction with the briefing that your base has yet to be discovered.
I changed the mission briefing in my version.

Offline Tellaris

Working Cold War!
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 11:32:38 PM »
Actually, it was Medium, and I did it off of just the single.   I never went for the other mines.
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.