Author Topic: Converted Colony Games  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Converted Colony Games
« on: September 16, 2007, 02:50:34 AM »
I converted the two multiplayer levels with AI to colony games. You can't win them as I've had to remove the victory condition to get them playable. (I tried to redo the victory condition a little, but it just wasn't working out). There is also a slight placement bug in one of the levels, but I've already mentioned it in the readme I placed in the zip file. Let me know if there are any other serious problems I haven't yet noticed.

Enjoy the attachment.

Offline Bonk

Converted Colony Games
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 03:58:16 AM »
Thanks, downloading.

--EDIT--

Arg! There is only one computer enemy, and it always starts in the middle with better tech!

Plus you are always plymouth :/

Intended?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 04:04:35 AM by Bonk »

Offline Hidiot

Converted Colony Games
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 04:24:07 AM »
You can't choose what you'll be in a colony game... it is chosen in the dll itself. A simple Player
  • .GoEden() or Player
  • .GoPlymouth() sets what player x will be. Now... what happens if you don't use these commands, I don't really know.  
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Leviathan

Converted Colony Games
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 06:22:38 AM »
Nice work :)

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Converted Colony Games
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 01:39:29 PM »
I think it just defaults to Plymouth if you don't set it.

It was sort of intended that the AI is put in the middle. That's where it is in the multiplayer games. It was meant to seperate the players. Sure it's a little odd for a colony game, but like I said, it's a straight hex edited conversion.

I mainly did it because we seem to have quite a lack of AI levels, particularly for colony games. I figured it'd be an easy way to add another 2, even if they weren't exactly everything everyone always wanted.

Offline Sirbomber

Converted Colony Games
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 05:33:30 PM »
I think it just defaults to Plymouth if you don't set it.
Odd numbered players are Plymouth by default. Even numbered players are Eden by default.
Get it? Even... Eden... Never mind...
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials