Author Topic: 7842303  (Read 2199 times)

Offline 7842303

« on: September 07, 2007, 07:06:00 PM »
i was just wondering what the heck is up with rank and ore

mostly rank

« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 07:06:18 PM by 7842303 »
onword to battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unless your tired, of cource

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 07:33:31 PM »
both are related to your post count.  Ore is used in the IB store
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 08:41:28 PM »
I don't think the store is really used anymore. But you used to be able to buy things like name glowing effects, and other useless idle fun items. Problem was, there tended to be more spam on the forum as people would made fairly useless posts to get ore to buy these useless items. (It was something like 5 ore per post). You could also store the money in the bank to get interest and buy interest upgrades, which always seemed to fall into the hands of the same people whenever the store was restocked.

The rank is basically just your post count.

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 11:12:20 PM »
You used to be able to buy useful stuff, like being able to moderate your own threads and change your name. What happened to those?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 11:26:44 PM »
Yeah, but those are also kind of bad ideas. They let just anyone do stuff that normally only trusted admins and moderators are normally allowed to do.

I suppose changing you name is useful. But having to post lots to get the ore to do it, meanwhile getting everyone used to your old posting nick?

Offline White Claw

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 11:42:32 AM »
I suppose changing you name is useful. But having to post lots to get the ore to do it, meanwhile getting everyone used to your old posting nick?
OMG, that would be confusing... And buying admin rights seems like a bad idea, just begging for spam...

I was just excited to be able to make my name glow... lol

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 12:54:09 PM »
THe italic and glow effects are still available, and I have a few in my inventory in case they are out of stock.

Personally, I would have liked it if you could buy stuff and it would go onto a picture.  Like a garden or something, heh.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 03:13:57 PM »
And buying admin rights seems like a bad idea, just begging for spam...
Uh... It's your own topic, and if I remember correctly, the only moderation option you could buy was lock your own topic, which would probably prevent spam (and necroing).
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials