Author Topic: Infantry  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Humility

Infantry
« on: August 06, 2007, 05:09:04 PM »
Remember in plymouth`s story when she tryed to rescue that other elder with help from the grenadiers.Well that sounds like a good ideal.For a cost of population they could be made instantly. They could capture vehicles inside the garage. Use a variety of weapons and capture vehicles,buildings or whatever.And by that same token thay could destroy them.This could be used by all.It would hurt morale if any died and the cost in pop. is somthing to take into consideration. they would be very weak in defense and slow but you could put them inside vehicles to get them to the battle.Unique techs could be made availible such as liquid armor,cybernetic enhancments ect. They could be very useful.

I don`t know if its a good ideal. It`s just a thought.
Pride was the fall of man and angel alike only by humility may we be saved.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Infantry
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 10:03:18 PM »
I believe Infantry was talked about before and it didnt make sence in the game as there are big power tanks with lasers to do all the battling.

Offline Tellaris

Infantry
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 10:38:08 PM »
Infantry, if they ever had ANY value, might be in seizeing an opponents colony (and it'd probobly take an assload of them, as you'd be fighting their entire population).   Out in the open, infantry are extremely vulnerable, especially on a planet like New Terra.   We can afford to throw people's lives away in infantry right now, theres about 6 billion of em to sacrifice.   But when you have only a small population, every last person counts, and infantry is a useless waste of lives, when tanks do the same job just as well.
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Sirbomber

Infantry
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 10:50:00 PM »

And please research your ideas first as many of them have probably already been discussed.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 08:55:12 PM by Freeza-CII »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Humility

Infantry
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 10:55:13 PM »
Your right it was a bad thought.  
Pride was the fall of man and angel alike only by humility may we be saved.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Infantry
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 11:19:10 PM »
poster recanted his idea, topic closed
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode