Author Topic: Low Grade Shilds  (Read 2181 times)

Offline DarekStar

Low Grade Shilds
« on: July 15, 2007, 08:22:10 AM »
I sugest this because it is actualy possable too day there are scientists workin on making shilding by using plasma and magneticfilds. They predict that we caould have high end plsmashilding in 70 years and this would make space travel much saffer as it would defend the ship from small astral bodies and such givin us the ablility to explore the galaxy.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 08:23:33 AM by DarekStar »
-Darek

Caution this user refuses to spell check or even try and spell corectly unless posting a story.

so bare with him

Offline Sirbomber

Low Grade Shilds
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 10:34:28 AM »
Energy shields have already been proposed and dismissed several times.
Please check to see if an idea has already been discussed before you post about it.

I would like to take this opportunity to say that air units have been propsed at least 60 times and it always gets people mad. Just warning you.

http://forum.outpostuniverse.net/index.ph...indpost&p=57788
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 10:34:50 AM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline DarekStar

Low Grade Shilds
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 12:28:33 PM »
theres another reson i just figured out y this is a bad idea it would take a big reacter to power the shilding makin it unusable on vehicals its more fesable on a spaceship like a constatoga (feal free to corect my misspellin of the ships name and anyother mistake)

the fact is that it is bein reserched not as a base defence but as a spaceship defence to protect from small astral bodyslike space dirt or basketball size rocks.

-Darek

Caution this user refuses to spell check or even try and spell corectly unless posting a story.

so bare with him

Offline DarekStar

Low Grade Shilds
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 01:11:11 PM »
but yah forget i said anything
-Darek

so bare with him

Offline Sirbomber

Low Grade Shilds
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 08:38:10 PM »
First of all, don't double post. Use the edit button to add on to your posts.
And why are we wasting time with starship stuff?
this is survival on the surface of a planet yes? then why are we messing with the starship crap there most likely going to use that to build structures because its not like BAM they get s***.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Brazilian Fan

Low Grade Shilds
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 08:07:32 AM »
I sugest this because it is actualy possable too day there are scientists workin on making shilding by using plasma and magneticfilds. They predict that we caould have high end plsmashilding in 70 years and this would make space travel much saffer as it would defend the ship from small astral bodies and such givin us the ablility to explore the galaxy.
Sorry, I didn't understand a thing...

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Low Grade Shilds
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 02:30:05 PM »
OP has rejected his own idea

topic closed
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode