Author Topic: Op2 Bash Each Month  (Read 7565 times)

Offline Quantum

Op2 Bash Each Month
« on: July 05, 2007, 09:49:36 PM »
Sup All

We should all get together every month and have an Outpost 2 Bash

Sort of a competition

The first game is going on July 14th Saturday at excatly 9:00 EST

For more info contact me by this thread or PM me

Thank Youjavascript:emoticon('(thumbsup)')
smilie

This conversation did not happen, the gun that I have in my hand is not real and the Presidents book does not exist.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 10:27:09 PM »
I remember some thing like this only it was called a reunion and it was always delayed or held up for when there was going to be a release of some kind.  *Eye balls Levi*

Any way I think that people have tryed such a thing before and only ended up playing some other game or one game of op2 because no one showed or cared.  But what ever i wont stop you from trying.

Offline Leviathan

Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 05:29:22 AM »
Yeah we had a few reunions. A lot of people showed up on them. Many games were played.

I think monthly is a good idea.

What do people think tho for time? You have to think about timezones etc Quantum. It should be a whole weekend in my opinion.

And we have tryed many competitions. They just dont work. We have never finished one realy. Not enough players around for it.

It would be nice if anyone working on projects could release their work on this weekend.

Second weekend of every month is op2 event then?

Offline Quantum

Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 09:22:47 AM »
Yeah we had a few reunions. A lot of people showed up on them. Many games were played.

I think monthly is a good idea.

What do people think tho for time? You have to think about timezones etc Quantum. It should be a whole weekend in my opinion.

And we have tryed many competitions. They just dont work. We have never finished one realy. Not enough players around for it.

It would be nice if anyone working on projects could release their work on this weekend.

Second weekend of every month is op2 event then?

Yeah the second weekend in every month sounds great.

All Day long total gaming OP2

FUN
This conversation did not happen, the gun that I have in my hand is not real and the Presidents book does not exist.

Offline Leviathan

Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 07:46:38 AM »
I like it!

A lot of us are busy people plus our community is small im sure people would rather put a day or two aside a month to play and play some good games than try and get games the rest of the month and most likely not be able to play what type of games they want.

Well not a day, but a weekend?

Come on guys!

More input please!

:)

Offline Sirbomber

Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 09:54:11 AM »
Don't we already have a reunion planned for the Tenth Anniversary? I forget the exact date though...

Point is, we don't want to overdo it.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Leviathan

Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 06:46:41 AM »
This is not a reunion, this would be a monthly gaming session etc.

Point is - We are a small community and I think we need something like this when people can come on and be sure that there will be other gamers online wanting to play.

And where is the topic about the tenth anniversary reunion??

Offline Quantum

Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 12:14:32 PM »
so... how would we organize this?

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 12:39:43 PM »
This is not a reunion, this would be a monthly gaming session etc.

Point is - We are a small community and I think we need something like this when people can come on and be sure that there will be other gamers online wanting to play.

And where is the topic about the tenth anniversary reunion??
The reunions were just periodic gaming sessions called "reunions". This would be like overdoing reunions.

Offline Leviathan

Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 04:48:37 PM »
This is a new idea, but yes its similar to the reunions we have hosted.

I think a monthly gaming session where gamers know that there will be a lot of activity is a good idea. We normaly had a lot of people show up on the reunions and more than normal.

Shame there has not been more input, I hope for more people to be excited about this.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 04:51:31 PM »
This is a new idea, but yes its similar to the reunions we have hosted.
Uh, it's basically the same damn thing as the reunions, the only difference is that they're not called reunions.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 05:44:14 PM »
Only reunions were RANDOM at best and only used as a excuse to release stuff at once for the OOOOOO AHHHHH factor.  I remember hearing the complains about a certain some one telling every one to wait for the reunion to release stuff.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 05:51:49 PM »
I remember hearing the complains about a certain some one telling every one to wait for the reunion to release stuff.
Or, it wasn't waiting to release stuff, it was rushing to get it done. (OP2 1.3.4 pre-rev 2 and its broken Natfix, anyone?)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 05:52:13 PM by Arklon »

Offline Quantum

Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 06:03:26 PM »
Let's not argue and keep on subject

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 07:13:19 PM »
I remember hearing the complains about a certain some one telling every one to wait for the reunion to release stuff.
Or, it wasn't waiting to release stuff, it was rushing to get it done. (OP2 1.3.4 pre-rev 2 and its broken Natfix, anyone?)
Yeah, I would agree that updates were rushed at the last minute.

I think updates don't need to coincide with any sort of "reunion" or "monthly gaming bash" or whatever you want to call it (they -are- all essentially the same idea).

In fact, it's probably better if the updates don't coincide.. when they do, it results in mass chaos as only half of the players have the correct version.

Offline Leviathan

Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 04:03:24 AM »
Well there are other things people can release other than the OP2 update (like the genesis newsletter, op2 maps etc). It would be nice if people waiting till this monthly event to release any major updates or whatever. Like the reunion's, we did updates then to make them biger events which wasent just gaming.

Offline Quantum

Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 08:43:30 AM »
When you say newsletter you mean by e-mail right?

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 09:22:25 AM »
Well there are other things people can release other than the OP2 update (like the genesis newsletter, op2 maps etc). It would be nice if people waiting till this monthly event to release any major updates or whatever. Like the reunion's, we did updates then to make them biger events which wasent just gaming.
Now it's exactly like the reunions.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 09:22:37 AM by Arklon »

Offline Quantum

Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 09:33:49 AM »
lol

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 12:27:41 PM »
Indeed arklon.

Stuff should be released after it has been tested and known to work properly. NOT because there is a event coming.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 12:47:25 PM »
If you want to have some event coincide with an OP2 update, have the event when the OP2 update is released, instead of releasing an OP2 update when a certain someone decides there should be a reunion. Get it?

Offline zanco

Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2007, 12:47:29 PM »
Good thinking.
if anyone finds and communicate to us that which thus far has eluded our efforts, great will be our gratitude.
          Jakob Bernouilli

"Zanco`, n00b o' The Flares"

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 12:53:15 PM »
Good thinking.
Very bad thinking. Read some of the posts above it.

Offline Leviathan

Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 12:58:38 PM »
You get your update ready and working then wait till the next event to release it. Not that hard...

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Op2 Bash Each Month
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 01:47:06 PM »
You get your update ready and working then wait till the next event to release it. Not that hard...
Arbitrarily waiting to release something even though it could easily be released when it's actually done pisses people off. And then there's rushing to get things done in time for the event (the first version of OP2 1.3.4 is a good example of why this is very bad). We've stated both of these (big) problems before.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 01:51:18 PM by Arklon »