Author Topic: Master Introduction Thread  (Read 117856 times)

Offline Sirbomber

Master Introduction Thread
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2005, 07:54:28 AM »
Hello. I'm 22, 5"7', blonde, and enjoy quiet walks on the beach and candle lit dinners. I like younger men who aren't afraid to cry.
(the above is completely fake, but it sounded convincing, eh? Looking back on it, I can't believe what I just wrote. Ahem. And just to ease any confusion, I'm not gay. So let's move on.)

In case it isn't blindingly obvious, I've been here a long time, but don't think I've written anything here. Not big on introducing myself. Anyways, I'm crazy, to say the least. I think somebody asked if I was bipolar once... might have been panda, but don't quote me on that. Oh yeah, Plymouth sucks and Eden doesn't. I like Space Race, especially ones without fighting. Nice break from having to rush around mass-producing vecs. Of course, you're still mass-producing starship parts, but oh well.

And for the last time, I am NOT a communist!!!
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Ominus

« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2005, 06:01:19 PM »

Name: Valentino
sex: yes please (lol) - male  (thumbsup)
Nicknames: [online] Infidel, Ominus [offline]none what so ever
Favorite Website : Outpost-universe
Favorite OP2 Color: red or green
Favorite OP2 Map : none yet
Timezone : GMT +1:00
Place of birth : in a hospital ;)
Current Locale : Slovenija/Nazarje
Hobbies : computers, electronics
Forte' : fixing stuff
Favorite Color : dark red
Anything we *should* know about you :
sometimes says stupid things and can be missunderstood easily. :blink:
spends too much time on the computer.
shy, werry shy. :blush:

there, that shuld tell you a few things about me. :)  

Offline Nikedawg

« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2006, 10:20:40 AM »
I'm back, my username used to be Thormaster, I used to be in Divine Order with Leviathan and my favorite games of all time would have to be...
#1 World of Warcraft
#2 Outpost 2
#3 All Resident Evils... (especially Outbreak)
#4 hmm Warcraft 3 and thats about it =D

Also I live in Lima Ohio, USA

Offline lordly_dragon

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2006, 04:04:54 PM »
Name: simon marcoux
sex: half goat... nah... male  
Nicknames: [online]dragon hunter blazer or a combo of those [offline] sim
Favorite Website : Outpost-universe,ctrl-alt-delete
Favorite OP2 Color: green
Favorite OP2 Map : enter the dragon
Timezone : GMT -5:00
Place of birth : laval/montreal/quebec/canada
Current Locale : laval& deux-montagnes (also known as two-mountain) quebec canada
Hobbies : computers, electronics, reading, music, ski, baseball, space & science
Forte' : music creation, sfx creation,  html, php, css, ssi,  
Favorite Color : blue, green, black,
Anything we *should* know about you :
i am from quebec canada and i speak french and english (but it is not quite perfect because of lack of practice but it is better than it used to be). i am a born arguing dude and i tend to listen more than i talk. i hacked the school network and thats my quick bio.

favorite game of all time:

1. crono trigger
2. tales of fantasia
3. seiken densetsu 3
4. starcraft brood war
5  op2
6  warcraft 3
7  star control 2
8  mega man X series
9  star-wars kotor
10 master of orion series

favorite tv/movie

1. battlestar gallactica
2. star-trek voyager/ds9/enterprise/tng
3. star-wars
4. mortal kombat

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.

Offline mamajama

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2006, 09:05:56 PM »
Hey I'm mamajama, a long time outpost player. (1.0, now just ordered 1.5 and put it on my mac - won't run, but that's another topic). Me, I'm of the female persuasion, older than probably most on here, and....that's all ya need to know for now.  

Offline MarioKartPrime

« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2006, 11:10:17 AM »
Well, then.
Screen name is MarioKartPrime, but since thats too long, I go by MKP while playing OP2. 18, attending Arizona State, male, yada yada yada. Faithful player of OP2 for over 10 years I think (I still have my origional disk). Can't use IRC 'cuz ASU won't let me access their router. Need to wait until I move out this summer. Posting so my account doesn't get deleted. Would really like to play more ppl on OP2 multiplayer, but sadly cant yet. Enjoy writing in incomplete sentences when rush-writing. Promise to do so never again.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 11:26:48 AM by MarioKartPrime »
"WARNING! VORTEX IMMINENT!"
*presses spacebar*
"Wait a minute...that's my Command Center!!!"

Offline Vander

« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2006, 02:35:08 PM »
Hello y'all

I'm Vander.  :ph34r: BD 20/3/79. Occupation musician. Living in Belgium...

Let's see, what else... one wife, one daughter, two dogs. (Or was it the other way... no).

Been playing OP2 for a couple of years now... though only single  B)
New at multipl since... well... the great feb 06 reunion  (thumbsup)

Always in the mood for a game when online so if ya want to play... just shout :)

yea
vander

Offline Wild_Targ

« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2006, 11:41:20 PM »
Hi, y'all!

I'm Wild_Targ just about everywhere I go, so if you see it or a variation thereof, it's probably me.  I'm on MSN, Yahoo!, and AIM using Trillian (but not ICQ or IRC yet), took classes on Visual Basic and C++ but then a lot of life events happened.  Now I'm just married, and just getting back into using my computer after two years of chaos and uncertainty.  There's more about me on my profile (just in case someone is curious), and I only have 1.5 right now.  Might download 2 v 1.3.3 or 1.3.4 in the near future.
     I have been using computers from age eleven, know DOS and some broken UNIX command-line, never quite got into computers professionally, and really like the atmosphere of OP1.5 (although I must confess the gameplay is wacky and waaaaay to abstract to be rightly called a 'game'; more like a managerial simulator).

(((THX)))
The Audience is Now Deaf.

Rodents Of Unusual Size?  I don't think they exist.

Offline PrincessLadyBug

« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2006, 01:32:23 PM »
Well I found my way to the old forums and was disappointed to see hardly any activity.  Then I found this one!  w00t!

I'm PrincessLadyBug. That's a lot to type so feel free to call me LB or Bugley.

I'm probably old enough to be your mother, but I'm a geek girl and I play a few games when real life leaves me some fun time.

I got into OP2 about 4 years ago. I played it for a while and then real life stepped in and cut my gaming time. I'm back at it and more than a little rusty. I know it's lame but I like the colony games and I'm having trouble keeping my colonists alive. Those little buggers don't reproduce fast enough. :P

I've already found a few hints, so thanks!

Hope to see some of you around,
LB

P.S. You know who hears me scream in cyberspace? My neighbors. These walls are pretty thin.

Offline LordOtoriTakeo

« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2006, 04:07:32 PM »
Hey, i'm a giddy american that turned 19 on June 8th. I'm 6'5", and i graduated from high school sometime in the last semester if i remember right, i need a job and i am currently living at home with my parentals. I am often home 2 days a week though. I first got Outpost 2 when it hit the stores when it first came out(the first day). I haven't played it in years, it used to be my favorite game and now i just want to help make the next one if possible. I can use blender, 3ds max, maya, cinema 4d, and terragen and i can write little code here and there when i can manage remember things. I am going to major in architecture and or just maybe graphic design and script writing. I plan on attending university in Europe and getting engaged next summer. I am very vivid with life, if you need something just ask, i'll try and help you out.

Oh i do write a lot, i love writing(thats the script writer part of me).
Perfection is only illiteracy.

Member of many things, even that thing over there!

Offline Mercutio

« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2006, 07:14:32 AM »
Mornin' people. The name is Mercutio...

Offline lordly_dragon

« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2006, 12:24:14 PM »
hello to both of you

@LordOtoriTakeo : if you are interested in working for the op: genesis project just ask stormy about it =) alone he kinda need help sometimes if he want to finish all the mesh and gfx =).

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.

Offline Sonic

« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2006, 09:47:38 PM »
Hey,

Name is David, love both the games, though Outpost 1.5 is a favorite.  

In Seattle, currently snowing.  Forty.  Between Careers.  

Look for another post in the "introductions" section- consider it a present to the community.

Peace.

Offline Kurgan

« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2007, 10:37:19 AM »
Kurgan here, official Sci-Fi writer... Though I have yet to actually get out of rough-drafting a single one of my stories... That'll change eventually.
Born on the second of August, thirty years to the day after my father's birth, I have always liked the sciences, languages, and most of all: Games.
Every afternoon, past 3:45 Eastern Standard, I am avalible to either help improve, or write, a needed storyline.
"Do you keep getting complaints about your grammar, or how unrealistic your stories are? Call Kurgan, the Sci-Fi guy!"

Offline Monk

« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2007, 10:42:30 AM »
Hi I'm Monk

real name-Mike

age- 19

gender-male

from- Chagrin Falls, Ohio

birthday- 5th of april

some other games I play- armagetron, tremulous

I am an eagle scout and work at a boy scout camp that I leave for next week and wont be back until August

I just found this site today. I didn't know a community for this game existed. I had this game when it was commercial (should probably look for the discs) I use a mac now (from before the intel switch) so I really cant play anymore but I'm good at making up ideas for stories and such so I can help with that
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 10:45:26 AM by Monk »

Offline gpgarrettboast

• Administrator
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2007, 02:17:25 PM »
Welcome to the forums Monk :) Good to have you here

Offline Galciv12

• http://www.thetoonsite.com
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2007, 09:26:05 AM »
I am galciv12

my gender is Male

I am 15 years old, gonna be 16 this july 11th

I have been playing outpost ever since i downloaded it from this site

and FYI I have a website www.HyperionDefenders.net
and my brother has one too www.thetoonsite.com

I love OUTPOST!! (thumbsup)  
Heros are born, but Legends are created.

Offline Thanatos

« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2007, 02:20:05 PM »
Hello, all.

I just found this website, and boy, was I surprised! I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!

I spend a LOT of time (waaaay too much) at another forum, Total War Center, where I go by the same name.

I'm still... just amazed that there was an Outpost 2 fanbase...

I thought I was the only one in the world who knew about this game, let alone played it with a passion...

Offline White Claw

« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2007, 06:55:23 PM »
Welcome! There's a small core of active posters but everyone is pretty devoted to OP2. Hope to see you on the forum more.  :)  

Offline Bonk

« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2007, 02:38:05 AM »
Hello, I am Bonk

Offline Sl0vi

« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2007, 01:08:11 PM »
Hi Bonk! :D

and welcome to OPU! :D
!!!YAY!!!

Offline shaquanama

« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2007, 05:14:50 PM »
I am shaquanama. I got  :op2: for Christmas one year and couldn't put it down. Now, years later, I find this place. I'm from Canada, moving every four months (mostly) within Ontario.

Offline Norsehound

« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2007, 02:09:22 PM »
I'm not sure if I should post here or not...technically I've 'Returned' to these boards, but I thought I might as well say hi.

Tried contributing to Genesis with some thought, but I guess it's dead now?

Oh yeah, and at least one of these board members is using my drawing of a Tiger Tank for their avatar. I thought that was pretty cool.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 02:10:00 PM by Norsehound »
Food supply in Surplus. Power levels Optimal. Morale is Good.

Offline 7842303

« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2007, 01:31:11 AM »
hi my name is *********** *. ************.  now that you know that i live at ************** ******* *** **.  i have know idea how to program, but i am sorta learning.  i like playing pinball and runescape.  my mom wont let me download anything on her comp.  my comp is broken,  but thats the reason i found this site.
onword to battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unless your tired, of cource

Offline PeterW

« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2007, 09:26:23 PM »
My name is Peter,

I am in grade 12.

I started playing Outpost 2, and have never played Outpost. I first got the game
like 5 years ago, and it is possibly my most favorit RTS game. Even surpassing classics like TA and age of empires.

Yeah thats a little about myself.