Author Topic: Holes  (Read 4966 times)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Holes
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2007, 01:16:16 PM »
essentially, they would have been better off landing the colonies in seperate sectors.  That way, while they could contact eachother, there would have been little chance of any dependancy.  But yeah, it does work great for the game =)
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline 7842303

Holes
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2007, 07:46:30 PM »
in the intro earth still existed, but it looked pretty bad reason for not just staying in orbit: volcanoes can shoot ahs and rocks into the stratoshere, for all you not so science oreintated, they go as high as big air planes go!!!
just think what a meteroid the size of... btw how big is this thing?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 07:47:41 PM by 7842303 »
onword to battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unless your tired, of cource

Offline Tellaris

Holes
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2007, 03:01:17 AM »
Umm...   Orbiting ships are far higher then the stratosphere...   We're talking several thousand kilometers here.  No volcano is going to throw debris that high.   Not even a supervolcano will do it.   This is way beyond the stratosphere.   Is this out in SPACE.   Theres not even a single atmospheric atom anywhere NEAR the craft.   (Except what gets "lost", but even that is very little).   Whats happening in the intro, is they are showing asteroid fregments hitting the planet.   Those arn't volcanoes (They actually state this verbally).   The reason for leaving, is that when an asteroid breaks up, whether it be by weapons or naturally, it leaves a lot of debris spread out in the area.   Dust, and small pieces of rock that broke off the main mass will linger for quite some time.   It'll even spread out in the system.   Its quite possible for that debris to even assume orbit around the sun, and if there is enough of it, to significantly reduce the amount of light getting to the planet (Ice age x 2!), but the asteroid would have to be gigantic for that to happen.   It'd also have to shatter into a giant cloud of dust for it to work, and be pretty close to the sun.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 03:07:40 AM by Baikon »
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline White Claw

Holes
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2007, 09:01:07 AM »
They couldn't go to Mars because it's less exciting than floating through space and letting the gamer pick his planet...  :P  

Offline Sirbomber

Holes
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2007, 09:02:28 AM »
We're talking about Outpost 2, so you can't pick your planet anyways.
They didn't go to Mars because they were hoping to find an Earth-like world.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline siqueule

Holes
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2007, 05:56:44 AM »
at the beginning, they wanted to go to mars, but when they were sleeping in their freezer, the savants diverts the ship  :ph34r:

they knowed that the humains went to create the blight, and wanted use that to dominate the universe... new-terra is just the first stage  :blink:  
attention! ne mets pas tes mains sur la porte: tu risques de te faire pincer très fort
warning! don't put your hand on the door: you risk to be grip very strong

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Holes
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2007, 11:34:25 AM »
With how many meteorites are close to mars (afterall, it's the closest of the inner planets to the inner asteroid belt...)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 11:49:01 AM by CK9 »
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names