Author Topic: Irc Services / Problems  (Read 2980 times)

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Irc Services / Problems
« on: June 06, 2007, 03:06:33 PM »
As many of you have noticed, the IRC services have started working abnormally as of recently. For some reason, all the databases it uses to keep track of registered nicknames, channels, vhosts, etc. were reset. There are backups of all the information however.

This has been the last straw with Anope (the IRC services package we have been using since we first set up our own server) as far as I am concerned. It has had a history of not working properly (such as not voicing users who were on the auto voice list). Now, it won't automatically give any modes at all (which basically makes it useless except for keeping people from using your nickname).

For this reason I am deciding to switch to a new package. The new services package should work almost the exact same as the old one (there will still be Nick / Chan / Oper / MemoServ etc. however there will not be a HostServ, BotServ, or GameServ). Hopefully it will be much more reliable than the old one. I will attempt to migrate the backup databases from the old services to the new one (though I can't guarantee how well it's gonna work).

Anyway, this post is mainly to inform you that some upgrades are going to be done in the near future (to both services and the server itself) which will require some server restarts. You may notice disconnects / etc when the server is restarted. Anytime the server needs to be restarted, one of us will try to notify everyone with a global notice.

Thanks for your cooperation and we apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 03:24:11 PM by op2hacker »

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Irc Services / Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 05:59:36 PM »
Alright. The IRC server has been upgraded to the latest version and I have installed the new services package, which seems to be working fine so far.

I was able to import the old backups from the old services package (as of May 31st). If you registered after May 31, you will need to reregister.

Auto voicing now works as it should as well. Everything should be pretty much back to normal (if there is a problem, please let one of us know).

Offline Leviathan

Irc Services / Problems
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 05:52:17 AM »
Thanks for the work.

Hope its problem free from now on :)

Offline Quantum

Irc Services / Problems
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 12:28:49 PM »
I started a new post. IRC is not working now
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 12:29:01 PM by Quantum »
This conversation did not happen, the gun that I have in my hand is not real and the Presidents book does not exist.