Author Topic: Outpost 3 Idea  (Read 1771 times)

Offline Peacemaker12

Outpost 3 Idea
« on: May 26, 2007, 02:37:15 PM »
i dont know how far along u guys are or anything but hey why not voice what i have to offer.

so me and my friend were brainstorming the other day on outpost 3 (we didnt know anyone was making it) and we had to idea of Eden and Plymouth actually coming together to fight this other race or two (an Alein Race) on there new planet. because if u remember in the end of outpost 2 they left the planet. only now they find a better planet that they can live on for ever.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Outpost 3 Idea
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 02:47:55 PM »

Offline Sirbomber

Outpost 3 Idea
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 02:51:16 PM »
We need to name these this alien race, and after hours of careful thought, I have determined the perfect name.

We can call them The Protoss!

Or if you don't like that, how about The Zerg?

Hmm... Those sound somehwat familiar though...

P.S. Yes this is sarcasm. Maybe you should read to find out that we've already said we don't want aliens in OP3 1,713,809 times.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Psudomorph

Outpost 3 Idea
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 06:08:11 PM »
It has already been determined that there will be no alien races. The most alien thing will be the savant network created by the Savant/Blight Link.

There will however be a second human colony name Maesis (The name is under some dispute at the moment).

There should really be some sort of a sticky in this forum summarizing the decisions made thus far about OP3.

-Free
-Modular programming
-True 3d (ie objects/terrain assembled from polygons)
-involves Eden (Evacuated New Terra on their starship), Plymoth (survived on New Terra), Maesis (second wave of colonists from earth), and Savants (The Great Link created by savants and blight)
-Takes place on Cythera (spelling?), a venus-like world. There may be other worlds involved, possibly including New Terra.

Did I miss anything?

EDIT:
Ideas to be careful of:
-Aerial Units
-Very-Long-Range Weaponry (Artillery/missiles)
-Alien races
-Superweapons
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 06:13:13 PM by Psudomorph »

Offline zanco

Outpost 3 Idea
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 08:13:11 PM »
Nice Summary. You get the idea.
if anyone finds and communicate to us that which thus far has eluded our efforts, great will be our gratitude.
          Jakob Bernouilli

"Zanco`, n00b o' The Flares"