Author Topic: Hamachi Update - Warning  (Read 15571 times)

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi Update - Warning
« on: May 25, 2007, 04:10:12 PM »
Well just went to play OP2 and loaded hamachi. Updated hamachi to 1.0.2.2 because it asked me to. But then Outpost 2 is not showing my Hamachi IP, it was showing my network IP. Meaning OP2 over hamachi will not work!

So to solve this I used a old version of hamachi:

I downloaded and ran this - HamachiCleanup.exe
Then uninstalled current Hamachi version
Then downloaded and installed this version: HamachiSetup-1.0.1.3-en.exe

1.0.1.3 works fine.

Maybe this hamachi update just aint good for us Outpost 2 users.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 04:10:24 PM by Leviathan »

Offline Sirbomber

Hamachi Update - Warning
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 04:53:19 PM »
(17:53:56) (Leviathan) Sirbomber post here plz
(17:53:57) (Leviathan) http://forum.outpostuniverse.net/index.ph...view=getnewpost
(17:54:11) (Sirbomber) What should I post about?
(17:54:21) (Sirbomber) That's a thread saying the new Ham doesn't work.
(17:54:47) (Leviathan) ya
(17:54:59) (Leviathan) say u had the problem as well as it wasnt just me

I had the same problem (see above).
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Hamachi Update - Warning
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 04:53:33 PM »
Yes, the latest version of Hamachi's broken.
[size=8]Hacker should still finish the Hamachi/WON replacement. ;)[/size]

Offline Sirbomber

Hamachi Update - Warning
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 09:05:12 PM »
Now we need that Ham/WON repalcement...
Apparently OP2 only works on Ham because of a bug...
A bug they recently fixed...

(Us = Owned)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 09:07:50 PM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Hamachi Update - Warning
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 09:31:21 PM »
We could probably make a quick hack to force OP2 to bind to a certain interface (rather than INADDR_ANY or whatever address it currently uses. I think it might actually do a name lookup on the computer name and use that address). This way you could force it to use the hamachi virtual adapter rather than the real adapter.

They probably changed the behavior since enough people probably complained about their webservers auto binding to the wrong addresses and so on.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 09:31:48 PM by op2hacker »

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi Update - Warning
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 08:30:30 AM »
We just need app that can hack OP2 like the natfix to the hamachi address. So a user enters there hamachi address and it sets OP2 to use that address.

Hope we can fix this as not everyone will just be using hamachi for OP2 and would like to be able to use the latest version.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Hamachi Update - Warning
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 08:37:56 AM »
We could probably make a quick hack to force OP2 to bind to a certain interface (rather than INADDR_ANY or whatever address it currently uses. I think it might actually do a name lookup on the computer name and use that address). This way you could force it to use the hamachi virtual adapter rather than the real adapter.

They probably changed the behavior since enough people probably complained about their webservers auto binding to the wrong addresses and so on.
Wouldn't that make Hamachi very annoying to use? You'd need to manually enable the hack when using Hamachi, and then manually disable it when you're not.

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi Update - Warning
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 11:34:16 AM »
If it works then what does it matter !?

And we tend to use hamachi most of the time when we play anyway nowdays.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Hamachi Update - Warning
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 07:26:57 PM »
Well, we could replace nicmgr.exe (from hamachi), so it calls our own code when Hamachi is enabling/disabling the network adapter. That way we could set some config key or something to tell OP2 to bind to a certain address.

Hamachi.exe calls nicmgr.exe with a parameter to enable/disable/configure the adapter.

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi Update - Warning
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 05:10:41 PM »
Well owned this problem!

Feel free to update your Hamachi client to 1.0.2.2.

Here is the fix:

Load Outpost 2. Goto Multiplayer > Internet > Create. It will probly show your local network IP:

Quit Outpost 2. Goto Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. Advanced > Advanced Settings.

On the Adapters and Bindings tab. Move Hamachi to the top of the list in the Connections list.

Check Outpost 2 again:

Offline acid101

Hamachi Update - Warning
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 09:36:44 AM »
o ok cool but we gotta get everybody to do that cuz we cant play eachother with diffrent versions..

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi Update - Warning
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 09:59:44 AM »
Correction - Yes you can play each other if they are using different version of hamachi.

But yes it is allways best to run the most up to date version so you have the bugfix's and such.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Hamachi Update - Warning
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 10:33:17 AM »
Correction - Yes you can play each other if they are using different version of hamachi.

But yes it is allways best to run the most up to date version so you have the bugfix's and such.
Uh, it does seem to make it not work. I can't see a game hosted by someone using the older version.

Offline Mez

Hamachi Update - Warning
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 10:43:13 AM »
Check that on reinstall, the windows firewall / other firewall software isn't blocking the hamachi connection.

Most updates of hamachi, reinstall a new network connection, which by default gets firewalled.

Although I'm sure you have checked that already

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Hamachi Update - Warning
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 09:09:33 AM »
I have updated the hamachi page on the website (http://www.outpostuniverse.net/index/hamachi) with directions for moving the Hamachi adapter to the top of the connections list in the advanced settings dialog.

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi Update - Warning
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 10:01:24 AM »
Thanks op2hacker :)

Offline Starfox00000

Hamachi Update - Warning
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2007, 08:17:07 PM »

Wouldn't that make Hamachi very annoying to use? You'd need to manually enable the hack when using Hamachi, and then manually disable it when you're not.
you could just have a loader than ran the hack then started op2. It could simply check to see if hamachi was running to determine wether to enable or disable the hack. simple :D

The workaround dosen't work all the time for me and it gets annoying, im still using the old ver posted at the top of this thread - i still like the hack idea.

Offline Starfox00000

Hamachi Update - Warning
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 04:23:27 AM »
Just for reference, heres the link to the 1.0.2.1 version of hamachi:
http://download.oldversion.com/hamachi1021en.exe
I'm still using an old version no prob; and I don't have to do the workaround every time ham updates.