Author Topic: Total Annhilation And Supreme Commander  (Read 3633 times)

Offline Tellaris

Total Annhilation And Supreme Commander
« on: April 24, 2007, 04:47:13 PM »
As its generally believed that SupCom is essentially a prequil to TA (which was released in 1997 I think?), I think I figured out who wins.   If any of it is wrong, feel free to correct me.   Yes, I know its just a game.

The rise of the Core and the Arm
We know that the Core and Arm formed over a conflict over "The transfer of consciousness from flesh to machines."   As per what it says in the introduction and on the back of the CD case.   The Core are the origional "Government" that decided to try and convert all of its people, essentailly, into machines.   The Arm are those who decided they didn't want to throw away their bodies like so much garbage, choseing to remain organic.   Eventually, Core tried to force this, and the people just simply rebeled, forming a group called the Arm.   The Arm survive by mass cloneing, while the Core survive by just duplicateing brain patterns.

How this ties into SupCom:
SupCom already has a faction that is somewhat similar to the Core.   That would be the Cybrans.   While only cyborgs in nature, they where destined to head the route of Core, as far as I can tell.   But, what of the other two factions?
Well, we can easily eliminate the UEF as a possible winner.   The only way the UEF could actually win the war, was to develop a super-weapon, Operation Black Sun.   This weapon can destroy worlds.   As the president is obviously utterly incompetent when it comes to warfare, they would be destined to lose otherwise.   If Black Sun had survived, then the UEF would easily dominate the galaxy.   Any attempt at resistance could easily and quickly be put down.   Just simply blow up the planet.
As for the Aeon, they where heavily dedicated to The Way.   An effectively religous belief, I don't see the Aeon wanting to shed their bodies to go the route of the Cybrans.    It just doesn't seem to fit in with the Aeon philosophy.   As such, they must also lose the war.

So how do the Core form?   The Cybrans, the only real possible winners, would have to develop to the way of being able to turn entirely mechanical.   They are the only faction that seem to have this goal.   The Arm may have encased some of the values of the Aeon and the UEF, then again they may not have.   Values and beleifs tend to survive over time, even if in minorities.   As a result, it is possible parts of The Way, and parts of the beliefs of the UEF might have survived to help form the Arm.

Where does Empyrran and Core Prime come from?   Core prime is most likely the Cybran homeworld.   As for Empyrran, I think its some other planet, or the Aeon homeworld.
This is what I've gathered so far from the Aeon and UEF campaign lines, I haven't played the Cybran one yet.
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 05:00:56 PM »
The Cybrans are a kinda small faction hiding in obscure planets and they have a lot of a lot of thieves, pirates, etc. among them. Cybran colonies war with each other often. They only band together when threatened by the UEF or the Aeon, but they still don't really get along. Their goal in the campaign is to become further hidden and secure by-- well, I won't spoil it for you. But I don't really see them becoming the CORE.
The Cybran's original homeworld was Procyon, but the Earth Empire fried it into a wasteland with strategic weapons back in 2663 and the Cybrans had to abandon the planet. Their new homeworld might be Minerva, a planet with extremely inhospitable weather and native life, though I doubt it (it is one of their colonies, however).
The Aeon homeworld is called Seraphim II. It's a mostly-frozen world that is 5 times larger than Earth.

I just don't see how Supreme Commander can really be a prequel to Total Annihilation. There's some similarities here and there (as far as the storyline goes, that is), but there's too many differences. I don't think similar to the Aeon was present in the ARM, I'm fairly certain they used technologies that more resembled the UEF's.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 06:55:40 PM by Arklon »

Offline Tellaris

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 10:45:03 PM »
Hmm.   Its quite easy to come up with a solution to that.   Black Sun gets destroyed by Aeon, UEF somehow survives, but for some reason, all reserch on Black Sun gets destroyed.   Aeon still die somehow, and UEF becomes Core instead.   I still think that the Cybrans are the best candidates for eventually becomeing Core.   There has been Earth history, where warring tribes where banded together by some great leaders of their time.   Its possible something like that would happen for the Cybrans.   Who knows, they may decide hideing is stupid and go and start beating some bozos.   Theres any number of possibilites you can come up with.   I really don't see the Aeon fitting in with their "The Way" though.
The UEF ACU very strongly reminds me of the Arm Commander, though.   Just less...   Geometric.
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 06:38:52 PM »
A SupCom expansion was announced. It's been revealed that the new threat that shows up during the last ending cutscene is the Seraphim (strangely); QAI rips open a hole that lets them invade. The Aeon (the Princess, that is, not Marxon) is likely the victor of the Infinite War.
Guess that kinda invalidates a bunch of theories trying to link SupCom and TA together.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 07:41:37 PM by Arklon »

Offline Quantum

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 08:36:32 PM »
Over all Total Ahnnialation Is

AWESOME!! :D  
This conversation did not happen, the gun that I have in my hand is not real and the Presidents book does not exist.