Author Topic: Help! Out Of Range!  (Read 3764 times)

Offline Feyd

Help! Out Of Range!
« on: March 27, 2007, 02:37:41 PM »
"Out of communicatuins range by X spaces"

Thats is the mmesage taht I receive when i was build a little far from the colony.Then, I build a Communication in the last tile buildable, but this message continue appearing... what I do for build more far? I need ore!
Thanks!

Offline White Claw

Help! Out Of Range!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 05:44:38 PM »
What building are you trying to build? You can only construct buildings within 30 tiles of the command center. But you can build mines beyond that.

So if you're builing a mine, I'm not sure what your problem is from the description.

If you're building a building (that connects to tubes), then you're building it too far.

Offline Lysol

Help! Out Of Range!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 11:15:40 PM »
You can only build structures within 30 tiles in a circle around your CC.

But if you either A:

Brought a communication sat when you left earth, all your robots can operate anywhere on the site.

Or B

You can build comm towers to extend their range

Only build able structures outside the CC influence is Mines and monorails.  If you need to exapand, build another CC...you need at least 100 or so of every mineral and two of dozer,digger, miner, and truck.

Offline Feyd

Help! Out Of Range!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 12:29:45 AM »
I build a mine,  and now im build tubes from the colony to the mine, but I cannit only for 3 tiles...
How build monorails? what i do?

Offline Lysol

Help! Out Of Range!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 12:44:02 AM »
I build a mine,  and now im build tubes from the colony to the mine, but I cannit only for 3 tiles...
How build monorails? what i do?
Monorails....are iffy...need to play with them more.

If your on automatic trucking...all you need to do is build the mine, have a smelter, and have storage tanks to hold the slurry.

If your not on automatic...then you need to set the routes for the trucks to follow from the mine.

So the route would start at the mine, go to the smelter and back to the mine.  Then you need a truck from the smelter to the storage tanks (i think).

Offline White Claw

Help! Out Of Range!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 07:58:54 PM »
To be clear, you don't need to build tubes to your mines. Tubes act like the other structures and you can only build them within 30 tiles of your command center.

You cannot expand this 30 tile ring with comm towers. Comm towers are only used to relay vech instructions (to dozers, diggers, etc...) NOT for buildings. (And like Lysol said, you don't need comm towers at all if you brought a comm sat.

I tried to build a monorail once a very long time ago. I don't even really remember how successful I was. I think most people have had problems with them, but I'm not sure.

but I cannit only for 3 tiles
I'm not sure I understand your statement here? Did you mean 30 tiles or 3 tiles?

Offline Feyd

Help! Out Of Range!
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 03:16:44 AM »
Ok, I understand, I was tubing all the way from the Colony to the mine.

I said 3 tile, but 3 tile since the frontier limit of the command center ratio.

Offline White Claw

Help! Out Of Range!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 07:31:42 PM »
Oh, yeah. I just answered this one in your other post (about mass starvation).

Offline Flameoftheabyss

Help! Out Of Range!
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 11:13:50 AM »
If your on automatic trucking...all you need to do is build the mine, have a smelter, and have storage tanks to hold the slurry.

If your not on automatic...then you need to set the routes for the trucks to follow from the mine.
I'm not so sure about that. I think you still need to at least assign the trucks to the mine even with Auto Trucking, or they'd just be idling away in Robot Command, losing their Fuel Cell capacity.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 11:14:28 AM by Flameoftheabyss »

Offline Falciform

Help! Out Of Range!
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 05:56:42 PM »
That's right.  In auto you don't do anything with the trucks for mining.  The mine starts with a truck and when it dies it automatically pulls one out of your inventory.  Then again I don't think I've ever seen a truck die.