Author Topic: Monorails & Flyers  (Read 4372 times)

Offline Kendrick

Monorails & Flyers
« on: March 15, 2007, 10:11:59 PM »
I was wondering if any one ever got monorails to work right.  and or trucks.  

I was also wondering what people though about the flyers supposed use in the game

Offline White Claw

Monorails & Flyers
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 07:56:32 AM »
Trucks work. You just don't see anything when you use them. They make they're pickups and deliverys on time and you can see the resources change appropriately, but there is no graphic of the truck displayed on screen. You also deploy them using the trucking menus when you right click as opposed to the tile picker like you do for the dozers and diggers.

I've heard mixed results of the monorail but I mostly hear it doesn't work. I suspect most of the problems people have are with the configuration needed to run the monorail. However, I can't really back that up since I built one once a long time ago but I honestly can't recall if it worked or not. I do know it can be built, I don't remember how well it works.

What is the "flyers" think you're talking about? Is that a regional word for monorail?

Offline Kendrick

Monorails & Flyers
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 12:52:09 PM »
Hurm will have to poke around and see what monorails can do.  

As for the flyers.  there is a tech to reasurch and animation for them.  I have the 1.0 outpost cd so it may have been removed in the 1.5.   iirc it was somthing about prepairing for moving to a 2nd map section on the planet and or scouting the map you were on.  i think it was supposed to be autonimous.  

Offline White Claw

Monorails & Flyers
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 03:54:26 PM »
There are "Explorers" you can build which will uncover any remaining mining locations (They work automatically when built and also do not have on map animations). But I've never heard of switching to another map. Also, the version of OP1 I have (1.5), you don't have to scout any terrain on the map you colonize.

Sounds interesting though. I guess they may have decided it was not needed in v1.5 since there's not a lot of reason to start over from within the same game. (Might as well just start a fresh game.)

Offline Kendrick

Monorails & Flyers
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 06:43:30 PM »
:( my post did not post.   now i cant remember all i was gona say

Here is the tech for the flyer in op 1.5

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Monorails & Flyers
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 06:48:58 PM »
:( my post did not post.   now i cant remember all i was gona say

Here is the tech for the flyer in op 1.5

NEVER use ImageShack. It's extremely slow. Try PhotoBucket or some other site instead.

Offline Falciform

Monorails & Flyers
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 11:53:29 AM »
Yeah, I've seen the flying robots tech.  It seems like it was meant to do something at some point but it never got implemented.

Offline White Claw

Monorails & Flyers
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 08:31:33 PM »
I've never checked the flying vechs to see if they work like the explorer bots. Perhaps they will only work correctly if built on a planet with an atmosphere. And they might require a specific type of atmosphere. (CO2 or N, etc...)

Offline neutrino

Monorails & Flyers
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 03:09:06 PM »
I've never checked the flying vechs to see if they work like the explorer bots. Perhaps they will only work correctly if built on a planet with an atmosphere. And they might require a specific type of atmosphere. (CO2 or N, etc...)
This leads to the terraforming thing ... In many games I managed to do every single research, while maintaining a good level of life. I ended up with a huge terraforming plant farm (more than a hundred).

When you completed the terraforming, with the correct dosage or mixture of gases, you could see a videoclip showing a drone or a small aircraft flying over the base. But then again I was never able to see the planet change of color or anything like that.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 03:09:47 PM by neutrino »