Author Topic: World Cyber Games 2007  (Read 5494 times)

Offline Leviathan

World Cyber Games 2007
« on: December 14, 2006, 03:32:20 PM »
World Cyber Games 2007 Poll Now Open:

worldcybergames.com/poll/poll_game_2007.asp

:)

Offline lordly_dragon

World Cyber Games 2007
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 08:06:13 PM »
Go War3 TFT GO =) I did the local final last year ...semi-finalist....But I wasn't really good in 1v1 back in =). If there is wc3 again this year, I think I can go to the canadian final, where I expect to lose XD But still this would be awsome :D:D

If people here play War3 TFT my aka is Dragon)Gx.08
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 08:06:49 PM by lordly_dragon »

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
World Cyber Games 2007
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 12:10:26 AM »
I would never do this. Im not good enough at any game to be in a pro tournament and I dont have the time or the will to get good. Games are for enjoyment - theyre NOT a sport.

At least not until we all become connected to the matrix.

Offline Sl0vi

World Cyber Games 2007
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 02:59:31 AM »
I would never do this. Im not good enough at any game to be in a pro tournament and I dont have the time or the will to get good. Games are for enjoyment - theyre NOT a sport.

At least not until we all become connected to the matrix.
Well, here they are a sport according to the law. My cyber café gets some great advantages for being a sports business. ;)
!!!YAY!!!

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
World Cyber Games 2007
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 04:00:33 AM »
omg people will say anything is a sport nowadays. eating is a sport. driving is a sport. sitting at a keyboard and clicking a button real fast is a sport.

by this logic, anything anyone can do that is difficult for anyone else is a sport.

thus i am starting the world TV Jockey / Couch Potato Tournament 2007. Im going for the gold.

Offline Sl0vi

World Cyber Games 2007
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 05:08:57 AM »
omg people will say anything is a sport nowadays. eating is a sport. driving is a sport. sitting at a keyboard and clicking a button real fast is a sport.

by this logic, anything anyone can do that is difficult for anyone else is a sport.

thus i am starting the world TV Jockey / Couch Potato Tournament 2007. Im going for the gold.
No, anything where it is possible to compete in for money is a sport. Sport has nothing to do with how difficult it is.

There are a lot of Tournaments and similar stuff held all over the world involving computer games, where they give out real cash prices. Therefor you can think of anyone going to a cyber café to play some counter strike, as someone that's training for CPL ;)

So technically, if there is money involved when competing for being the best couch potato, then it is a sport.

Well, that's sort of how the law where I live puts it. :P
!!!YAY!!!

Offline Leviathan

World Cyber Games 2007
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 05:21:22 AM »
Playing games competitively makes them a sport.

In England football is the most popular spectator sport, in South Korea its StarCraft.

And many things you can compete in. People compete for how far they can spit a sesame seed. Its in the guinness book of records :P

And games can be for just enjoyment or you can play them competitively.

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
World Cyber Games 2007
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 05:22:08 AM »
well thats all fine but i consider sport to be physical. if you define it by money hiring a hooker is a sport. throwing change in a fountain is a sport. gambling is a sport. buying stuff on ebay is a sport.

i just dont consider gaming to be a sport. sitting still while your arteries harden isnt a sport in my book.

if starcraft and curling can be a sport then sex should be a sport!!! wtf!!!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 05:23:44 AM by dm-horus »

Offline Sl0vi

World Cyber Games 2007
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 05:23:35 AM »
well thats all fine but i consider sport to be physical. if you define it by money hiring a hooker is a sport. throwing change in a fountain is a sport. gambling is a sport. buying stuff on ebay is a sport.

i just dont consider gaming to be a sport. sitting still while your arteries harden isnt a sport in my book.
It's not my definition. It's the politicians definition, so your definition is irrelevant. As I have the law on my side :D
!!!YAY!!!

Offline Leviathan

World Cyber Games 2007
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 05:25:31 AM »
Gaming may not be a physical sport but its still a sport.

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
World Cyber Games 2007
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 05:27:21 AM »
the legal definition of something does not determine what it is. eminent domain states that /technically/ any private property is really the property of the state. doesnt mean its true, its just a legal loophole. like you said, your cyber cafe gets benefits from declaring it a sport. its just another loophole for people to get tax breaks or incentives. sport is defined by the people, as always.

everyone but the koreans think starcraft as a sport is gay. the amount of gayness in playing starcraft as a sport overrides the law. i win. go team!

arguing is a sport.

Offline Leviathan

World Cyber Games 2007
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 05:33:04 AM »
Gaming may not be a physical sport but its still a sport. I'm glad games are played to their potential and played competitively. I don't like or watch any sport on TV but I do like to follow professional level gaming.

And no not everyone but the Koreans think StarCraft and other games are sports. There are huge community's and interest out side of Korea. Take CPL for example.

And playing games professionally / as a sport is dam sweet! Getting paid for it is even better :D

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
World Cyber Games 2007
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 05:43:48 AM »
so if one day New Guinea declares the sky is actually plaid, it means its true?

professional gaming is a joke. its a carrot dangled in front of the sweaty, crisco-oozing pizzafaces of the internet to make them think one day if they level up enough (click fast enough) they will win some kind of award and get v*ginas mailed to them. its just dumb

and thats from the heart.

Offline Sl0vi

World Cyber Games 2007
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 05:53:32 AM »
so if one day New Guinea declares the sky is actually plaid, it means its true?

professional gaming is a joke. its a carrot dangled in front of the sweaty, crisco-oozing pizzafaces of the internet to make them think one day if they level up enough (click fast enough) they will win some kind of award and get v*ginas mailed to them. its just dumb

and thats from the heart.
And what about sports like soccer or hockey etc...

Aren't all these professional leagues a joke too. How many people don't watch these players that get paid millions dreaming that they too one day will get skilled enough at that sport to actually make a buck of it. How many people actually make it to these major leagues? A very tiny percentage...
!!!YAY!!!

Offline Leviathan

World Cyber Games 2007
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 05:58:37 AM »
Very true. Both are the same.

And gaming takes skill now shut it :P

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
World Cyber Games 2007
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 06:00:17 AM »
playing games is as easy as using a tv remote. clicking a button on a bomb is as easy as using a tv remote. that means competitive gaming supports terrorism. you dont support the troops, levi.