Author Topic: Hcolony  (Read 2810 times)

Offline Brazilian Fan

Hcolony
« on: December 14, 2006, 09:48:28 AM »
Impossible, Insane you can think, but I've started the 'HColony Project'.

What?! You say.

And I answer: the objective of the HColony project is to build a HUGE colony in Outpost 2, one that will take the WHOLE map. With hundreds of colonists, buildings and vehicles. Using all mines available, bulldozing every tile, destroying every enemy.

This is my progress...

Map: Colony Builder 2-Eden, Starship.
Size: Big
% completed: 15%
Colonists: 317
Buildings: 75
Vehicles: 20
Mines:5
Max. Common Ore: 50000
Max. Rare Ore: 40000

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Hcolony
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 12:04:35 PM »
that will be hard to win, because op2 has a structure limit as well as a unit limit

I really like the idea though
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Leviathan

Hcolony
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 12:39:44 PM »
I had a save game once with 1500 colonists.

Offline Brazilian Fan

Hcolony
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 02:15:07 PM »
that will be hard to win, because op2 has a structure limit as well as a unit limit

I really like the idea though

Really, what is the structure limit? And the unit limit?

And thanks for the support

I had a save game once with 1500 colonists.

UAU! :o

I want to beat your record :P

Offline Leviathan

Hcolony
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 02:50:57 PM »
I was annoyed I lost the save game. My own fault for not backing it up. It was on Eden Starship. I cant really remember how many colonists I had but I'm sure it was over 1000... but I may be wrong, Ill never know or be doing it again tongue.gif

Also you said your using Colony Builder 2-Eden, Starship. but there is only a Colony Builder 2-Plymouth?

Someone should make a mission that is on a really big map and the idea if to just build a huge colony.

No idea on the limits.

Well good luck and have fun :D

Offline Brazilian Fan

Hcolony
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 03:13:48 PM »
Also you said your using Colony Builder 2-Eden, Starship. but there is only a Colony Builder 2-Plymouth?

No, i'm using Colony Builder2-Eden, Starship.

Well good luck and have fun biggrin.gif

Hey, thanks.

Would be nice to have some kind of tournament, like: Who has more colonysts in less time, bigger colony etc.

Offline White Claw

Hcolony
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 06:45:49 PM »
I've never built a colony bigger than about 600 but it sounds like fun. I'll have to give it a try some time...

I'm not sure about being able to cover the entire map with one continuous base. Unless you have a lot of spacing between the buildings. Though bulldozing the entire map would be funny to watch. (Having twenty or so bulldozers all over the place.)

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Hcolony
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 07:42:54 PM »
I remember having around 2000 colonists, and I hit the structure limit, I couldnt build any more agradomes to feed the population

at that point though I had almost the entire lower left corner of the map covered from the top lava above your base, to the lava on the right

unfortunality I also do not have that save game, it was before I formatted my computer
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Hcolony
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 03:37:16 AM »
Ive reached that number a few times. Its always odd how the math seems to work... the higher the population when food demand exceeds production, the harder the crash. when i have smaller population and food runs out, colonists die at a regular rate that i can predict and work around but when i max out buildings and get up to 2K colonists, suddenly 90% of the colonists die all at once and the game is lost before i can tear down structures and replace them with agridomes. interesting.

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
Hcolony
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 12:17:05 PM »
Hmm.. when i think of that, it's better than to have Outpost Sim city, it would be like that. But HColony seems like an reasonable thing. But, i wonder can op2hacker dispose of that struct/vech limit, than Hcolony could have a chance.
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline Brazilian Fan

Hcolony
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 02:27:22 PM »
Hmm.. when i think of that, it's better than to have Outpost Sim city, it would be like that. But HColony seems like an reasonable thing. But, i wonder can op2hacker dispose of that struct/vech limit, than Hcolony could have a chance.
Damn limits. Probably is very difficult/impossible to eliminate these limits.

But a try is better than nothing  :D  

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Hcolony
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 09:28:39 PM »
The internal data structures impose a rather hard limit, and can't be exceeded without some major recoding. With that said, I think there is an even lower soft limit that the game uses. That can probably be upped to the hard limit without too much trouble. Provided you know where to look and change.

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Hcolony
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 12:10:09 AM »
We need more people willing to work on OP2 code. Hacker cant be expected to write up everything we need on demand. tbh, we should all be kissing his ass for all the work he has done so far.

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
Hcolony
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 01:41:44 AM »
How much are there people who know how to work on OP2 Code?
Than, if there is a real shortage of programmers, i'l join, se if i can do something at least
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline Leviathan

Hcolony
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 02:38:29 AM »
everyone can do something

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Hcolony
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 03:57:55 PM »
No, anyone can VOLUNTEER. It remains to be seen who can be useful. We need people like hacker, people who will make things happen.

Offline Leviathan

Hcolony
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 01:32:45 AM »
any work someone does it usefull

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Hcolony
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2006, 08:40:40 PM »
Yeah, if you can do something, then just go ahead and do it. Post it for other's to see. There is no signing up. You also don't need skills to start into something like this, you get them as you go along. The only way to develop those skills is to actually try it out and do something. Granted, it does help to have background knowledge. Seems to be not many people put in the effort, or at least don't know where to start. So yeah, there is quite a shortage of people here who know how to do things like this. But that doesn't mean that it's necessarily hard.

Just don't expect to work on a project with other people or have someone tell you what to do. It can be very difficult for programmers to work together effectively if they're at very different skill levels. If you're interesting in a particular aspect, or want to mod it, go ahead and try to figure it out yourself. Take a look at it first, and then maybe ask a few intelligent questions. But you really need to at least think about the problem a little bit before you can ask good questions and get useful answers that will help you get somewhere.