Author Topic: Game Pickup System  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Leviathan

Game Pickup System
« on: November 11, 2006, 06:43:00 AM »
Well we have had this on IRC before but I was thinking of trying it again but making it a little different and more suited to our needs.

Before it was a system where you would join the list of players wanting to play and once there were 4 people the players would be messaged. This didn't relay work because there wasn't always 4 players and you had to keep a eye on irc to see when a new player joined. The main thing I like about having a pickup system is that you don't have to watch irc to get a game. You can join the list and wait till there are players and your be messaged. And thats imo how it should be.

So how I think the system should be is there should be a list of players wanting to play. If you want to play and are waiting to play with someone you just join this list and all the users who are on this list get messaged that you also want to play - so then and there you can play with someone or wait for more players. The main difference is that each time a player joins the waiting list anyone who is also waiting will be informed.

What ya think? Gaming is sometimes a problem on IRC, waiting around etc, so anything we an do to improve this situation would be good. Suggestions please.

:D :D

Offline Sl0vi

Game Pickup System
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 08:41:44 AM »
I prefer just spamming the channel, as these pick up systems pretty much always are simply just ignored.

I doubt improving the message system will make people use it more.

Maybe you should add it for a time, see if people use it. If it gets used keep it, if it doesn't I guess it should be removed again.
!!!YAY!!!

Offline zhukant

Game Pickup System
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 08:33:46 AM »
Or Lev could just be bossy and pushy and force people to use it. He's always good at that =D Look how he makes me stay on IRC all the time, and even post stuff. haha I bet the system would totally work.
Detected rip in space-time continuum. Attempting repairs. Attempt #1 failed. Cause: unknown. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #2 failed. Cause: probe annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #3 failed. Cause: fleet annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #4 failed. Cause: 404 Could

Offline lordly_dragon

Game Pickup System
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 12:12:39 AM »
OPU=human race
Human race= lazy
OPU=lazy

K.I.S.S--------->SPAM!

When the message arrive you will be away enyway...so doesnt change a damn thing.

PS: K.I.S.S.= Keep It Simple Stupid

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.