Author Topic: Coverups: What Really Did (not) Happen?  (Read 2510 times)

Offline Sirbomber

Coverups: What Really Did (not) Happen?
« on: November 09, 2006, 07:54:20 PM »
The object is simple. Take any government cover-up story you like, and apply it to Outpost 2. I shall demonstrate.

What really happened at Roswell:
The call came late. The lone operator in the RCC was tired after working all day. It was time to go home; how important can this be? He hit a few buttons on the terminal and locked the door on his way out.
Repair Vehicle #1-47 got its orders nanoseconds after they were entered at the RCC. It began to move towards the damaged structure. But after the orders came through, the RCC was shut down, and its limited intelligence decided to take the backroad.
The Repair Vehicle slowly and steadily made its way to the Tokamak. But it was too late! The structure exploded, and #1-47 was no more. But there were more serious issues than that! What if somebody's Ford picked up on the explosion? Immediate action was required.
Axen Moon answered his phone. He had been hoping it would stop, but it didn't, so he had no choice.
"What is it?" he snapped.
"Elder!" responded the voice of Senator Autzen. "It's an emergency! One of the Tokamaks blew and we think somebody may have detected it!"
"Frag, this is bad!" replied Axen. "We need guns and crap!"
"They're already moving to the affected area."
"Good. I'm on my way." Axen hung up, and started to dress. "I'll be back later, and then we can pick up where we left off."
"WHY WAS I PROGRAMMED TO SEE AND FEEL? WHY!!!!" was Savant Kraft's tortured response.
Axen smiled. "Because I'm a dirty old man."
Axen's Small Capacity Air Transport landed at the scene, after destroying reality only 17 times (a new record!). He surveyed the damage and put on a radiation shielding suit. He motioned to another suited figure. "Has cleanup began?"
The figure replied, "A small crew is here, but they can't do much without more powerful equipment and more manpower."
Axen cursed under his breath. "We need to keep people out of here! Tokamak radiation is, you know, bad and... stuff."
Hours later, the cleanup was complete, and the last Chevy Cargo Truck was heading towards the GORF to recycle the remians of the Tokamak. Axen removed his helemet and took a breath of the fresh air. "I want the guy responsible for this fired. No, shot. No no no! Ubershot!"
"I'll, uh, see what I can arrange..." replied Senator Autzen, who had arrived an hour ago. "We really can't go around shooting, uh, ubershooting people you know..."
"SILENCE! I AM THE GREAT AXEN MOON! DO WHAT I SAY OR SURFER THE CONSEQUENCES!"
"Eeeeeeeeeaaaaaah!" shrieked Senator Autzen. "I'll do it! I'll do it myself if I have to! Just don't kill me!"
Axen laughed. "Good. That will do. Now if you'll excuse me I have an appointment with the hottest little black box in the universe!"
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials