Author Topic: Ck9's Maps  (Read 8922 times)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Ck9's Maps
« on: August 27, 2006, 08:05:26 PM »
okay, since people say Confrontation is too easy, I'm opening this thread.  Post your suggetions for my map(s) (more to come sometime soon (I hope)).

posting form:
Code: [Select]

map name:

problem:

suggested solution:

reason:

comments:

« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 08:05:53 PM by CK9 »
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Ck9's Maps
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 08:07:55 PM »
well as I remember you saying when you were still making the map, the gp's would have coded in them that their hp's would be reset to 500 every tick (100 ticks in every time mark), but in the final version that isnt the case
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Ck9's Maps
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 08:11:32 PM »
that's not true.  The specific conversation was a suggestion while I was making the map.  ZZJ had mentioned that and I was considering doing that.  However, I felt that that was unreasonable, as no structure in OP2 could regenerate hp on its own.
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline Starfox00000

Ck9's Maps
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 08:13:48 PM »
first, all the AI weapons need to either be thor, or just cheat it and give them a longer range (like 2 sqares farther than thor) so you can pick them off like idiots. they also need to have better hp, dmg, and rate of fire than the player so it takes a big military effort to hurt them.

Second, the Ai need to rebuild and repair. not cheating build an repair like convecs warping in and stuff, a base that you can kill. it can cheat on ore or what ever (although it would be nice if it didnt).

Third, this is just a strategy suggestion, but the ai should make use of bottle necks, and in more open spaces should be a flat wall, not staggered or jagged. it will make them more effective.

I like the map idea, but i think every ore should be 1 bar, cause if ur gonna have crappy ore you might as well go all the way! and no magma wells b/c those are better than 2 bar rare.

cool map so far!

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Ck9's Maps
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 08:21:07 PM »
I like the idea of going with all 1 bars...and if you can show me a picture of what you mean with the walls being "staggered or jagged" it would help me to improve upon that
CK9 in outpost