Author Topic: New Wd System  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Sirbomber

New Wd System
« on: August 14, 2006, 09:38:53 AM »
Let's scrap the old WD system and make a new one. A better one! One that will make everyone happy. So post what you'd want here and then bully hacker into doing it for us.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 09:39:11 AM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
New Wd System
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 09:46:12 AM »
I've been thinking about using code in op2 to help WD work, but can't come up with anything good (things will get easier to do with HFL though, like a random mission vol named WorldDomination.vol or something). The only problem I can't fix is getting game info to the server, since I know nothing about coding for the internet.

Edit: You might not even need a vol for it, since hacker has the recorder switch dlls to playback missions. Just a list of maps to randomly pick from within a single dll.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 09:48:42 AM by Mcshay »

Offline Leviathan

New Wd System
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 11:44:28 AM »
Post your suggestions.

I was just thinking we would make it so that each sector had more than just the one map that you could chose from to play on.

Offline Sirbomber

New Wd System
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 11:57:14 AM »
How about trophies/medals/whatever that go with your name for WD accomplishments? Like most battles won, most land obtained, etc.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
New Wd System
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 10:32:56 AM »
Perhaps.

I was thinking perhaps we just make new missions based on a game type "WD."

Only issue with that is it could lock people out of a lot of existing maps to be played on WD.