Author Topic: Panthers : Neglected?  (Read 4359 times)

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Panthers : Neglected?
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2006, 04:04:29 AM »
Starfox - No, only Lynx originally get a speed upgrade. The Tiger speed upgrade was originally only found as spaceship parts on 3 or 4 Landrush maps. So this was originally never a problem.

However, from what I have picked up here and there, I think people have added in that Tiger speed upgrade on other maps aswell, which is great, you now have faster tiger.. but congratulations, you have also rendered the Panther useless! *Applaudes*

Freeza- Your kinda right that most people would use a Lynx as a suicide unit against Tigers. However, they overlook the fact that a Lynx can outmanouver a Tiger and end up wasting resources needlessly.
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2006, 10:09:55 AM »
starfox, incorrect, the tiger speed mod makes tigers AS FAST AS panthers, not faster.

Highlander, adding the wreckage to a map does not make panthers useless, unless you add enough for every player.  If anything, it makes the panthers more worthwhile for the players without the mod.  If a lynx were hit by the faster tiger while retreating, it would be dead, hands down.  It would have died without being able to do any major damage.  A panther, on the other hand, would do significant damage onto the tiger before being destroyed.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2006, 03:28:07 PM »
That depends on the weapon mounted on the chassis..
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2