Author Topic: Underground Building  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Tramis

Underground Building
« on: July 10, 2006, 03:25:42 PM »
You could be able to dig tunnels and build stuff underground, like in OP1, like use the Earthworker as a Robodigger and make underground tunnels.  These would be invisible to the enemy base unless they have units there (meaning you can build secret armies and they don't know what you're building until they surface) and certain buildings would raise or lower Morale depending where they're located - for example, residential units would raise morale if underground because the colonists are safer, but smelters would lower morale because of the pollution it causes in the confined area.  Also, you can put mines underground to increase their productivity.

Offline omagaalpha

Underground Building
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 09:25:33 PM »
Actual believe or not been discussied before and believe answer was NO.

Edit: think it is still no but when I did a seach for it did not turn up anything(try "underground" and "outpost", "outpost 1")
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 09:31:36 PM by omagaalpha »
Sorry if my grammar and spelling is bad, but I have disablity with it.
Yes, English is the first and only language that I know.

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Underground Building
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 10:40:58 PM »
I don't really care for this idea.... it makes the game more complex imo... hmmm

`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Underground Building
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 11:21:51 PM »
plus you have to factor in the extra coding time for the new layers and the added debugging needed for them to be flawlessly compatible.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Tramis

Underground Building
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 06:17:24 AM »
oh ok i didnt see where it was suggested already.

Offline Leviathan

Underground Building
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 04:05:29 AM »
ive allways liked this idea from op1 and everything. the idea of hidden armys and factorys is cool etc.

but i dont think the people would bother to excavate the land and build underground. they can just build on land. if u think about it in real life u cant realy see the other persons armys unless u go over to their base and see them so they wouldnt think to hide them underground so there not seen.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Underground Building
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 04:10:15 AM »
Well if a Edward Sat can tell where a 3 bar mine is i think it would see a underground colony.  I dont think that idea works very well unless your going to put bunker busters into the game but then that makes all buildings useless because a bunker buster could take them all out.

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Underground Building
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 06:02:36 AM »
all the units and structures would have to be redesigned for use underground, beside the fact that the ability to build underground would be really strange and unnecessary. any sort of quake would also have to affect underground buildings exceptionally more than regular. building underground is alot more complex than just "dozing downward." in real life, you dont just push dirt out from in front of you, it has to be removed and takes a long time. to excavate an area large enough for an adv lab would take more than a year with a single mining unit, which would also have to be redesigned to explain how its moving all the dirt out. its alot more complex than just building a tube or tunnel.