Author Topic: Portuguese Translation In Progress  (Read 7699 times)

Offline EDN

Portuguese Translation In Progress
« on: June 15, 2006, 07:59:44 PM »
HEY!
I'm already translating into portuguese!
Brasil = Portuguese please respect my country! :'(
My translate it is very far from being complete!
Here a photo about this

MY NEMESIS, MY ENEMY

Offline EDN

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 08:54:44 PM »
Updates:
The translate is very nice. I finsh the translate of Menu
i will post a image later
here a resume

Menu(100%)
In game(60%)
In shell(0%)
Story(0%)
Mission Briefing(15%)
Novella(0%)
Help(0%)
Voices(1%{ ready to record})
Videos(2%{same})
Bitmaps(4%)

MY NEMESIS, MY ENEMY

Offline thablkpanda

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 09:35:18 PM »
This is great man.

Really great idea and implementation.

-Chris

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 11:34:19 AM »
Actually, I translated the Plymouth Epilogue for you... Maybe I forgot to give it to you...
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline EDN

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 11:51:03 AM »
:D Updates :D
Here the Staff: (thumbsup)

Director and Translate of Menu, In-game and In-shell
Edn

History and Mission Briefing
Mcshay and Sirbomber

Savant Voice
DDS

Sound Editor
Fenrisul

Programs and Information
Op2hacker

Special Thanks for:
Op2 hacker
Memesad
Sirbomber
Mcshay for the ideas and hints

Fenrisul for your disponibility, and friendship

My friends in IRC for the incentive

My family for the help

and finally, Dynamix and Sierra for The BEST GAME!
(if your name isn't in the list and you are part of the team, sends me a pm :blush: )

Here new photos (thumbsup)

another
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 11:52:18 AM by EDN »

MY NEMESIS, MY ENEMY

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 07:26:42 AM »
Looking really nice!

This has the potential to bring a lot of new players to the game once it's completed.

If anyone else is interested in creating a translation for the game, here's what you need to do:

First of all, go to the Language-EN page on the wiki. This describes how to create a language.ini which 1.3.4 uses to translate the built in text (in the EXE and shell DLL).

To translate the rest of the menus, strings, etc you need to use a resource editor (search google for Resource Hacker or another resource editor) and open op2shres.dll and out2res.dll, and translate the dialog resources there.

All the text inside of story.vol needs to be translated, as well as the techtrees inside sheets.vol (The descriptions, tech names, etc).

Caveat here: You'll get a checksum match error if you try to play the modified sheets.vol against an English copy of OP2. If you send me the translated sheets.vol, I can match the checksum on the files inside. (I have a program which will alter the files to force the checksum to match the english version. I'm not planning on releasing it since it could be used for some subversive purposes, that is, cheating; and it could cause game sync problems if the numbers in the files don't match)

Also, translations of the text in the briefing graphics would certainly be nice, as well as voice translations of the voices.vol sounds. (Provided you can find someone who sounds close enough to the Savant voice).

There are already Sierra made translations in French and German, these just have to be brought up to date with 1.3.4.

Other translations like Spanish, Danish, Italian, ...others... would be nice. Only caveat here, is that it might be hard to use a non-Latin character set. (if you're gonna translate into some more eastern languages like Russian, Hebrew, etc). We might be able to get around that by using a replacement font which maps the Cyrillic / Hebrew characters to the Latin alphabet.

As for Asian languages like Mandarin, Japanese etc I'm not certain these would ever be possible without rewriting OP2, since they use a huge number of characters and you would need Unicode support to display all of them. (OP2 does not support Unicode text output). Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, if it would be possible to use just the positions in the standard ASCII set to accomplish this.

Anyway, long story short, these are some things which would help bring more and more players to our community!

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 08:03:43 AM »
About the French and German op2, are they on the site anywhere? It would be nice to be able to download them like the English op2.

*Mcshay is sorry for hijacking Edn's Topic... ;) *
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 08:04:18 AM by Mcshay »

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 08:12:43 AM »
I could put them up. I already have the language.ini files done as well, just someone needs to finish translation of the tech trees, dialogs. (It has the voices.vol and briefing BMP's as well).

Basically you just need to make them work with 1.3.4.

Offline EDN

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 02:25:21 PM »
Ok. I need one more to edit the bitmaps.
Who want this job???
 :( (I'm horrible in image editing)
I need to edit briefing images and Titles( Outpost 2 Divided Destiny, Load, Save).
No news today.
Maybe later.
Bye.
PS:(I remembered! The manual of game is translated at years but the game not)

MY NEMESIS, MY ENEMY

Offline Slaughter (PhodoX)

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 10:33:03 PM »
Interesting project you fellow Brazilian have here. I'm a little familiar with translation projects. Some time ago, I helped a group of people called Vault BR to translate a game called Fallout 2... Funny enough, some people on Vault BR already played Outpost 2 with me.
Here comes the SUPERNOVA SWARM!

<Upload the photo to the OPU servers please!!!!>