Author Topic: Error With Forums  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Tellaris

Error With Forums
« on: May 29, 2006, 11:54:43 PM »
I'm posting this for ol' Hooman.   It sounds like a problem on his end, but I'll post it for him anyway.

mySQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE id='40' LIMIT 1' at line 1
He is currently living in residence.   (univ)
He is most likely using a public computer.   The odd thing is he seys that the connection is spotty.  Sometimes he can make it in, sometimes not.
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Mez

Error With Forums
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 07:21:57 AM »
Don't Know, best to PM hacker.

Sounds like it could be a problem with Hoomans ISP

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Error With Forums
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 06:01:15 PM »
Well, where is the error occurring? Is it happening on all / any pages? or only when he tries to do a certain action.

Try to get as many details as you possibly can.

I doubt it's his ISP since there have been quite a few problems since we moved to this server (because it uses a newer version of MySQL). The SQL syntax parser evaluates SQL slightly differently, causing errors with some parts of the forum (I had to go through and fix a few queries manually).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 06:04:07 PM by op2hacker »

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Error With Forums
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 12:29:32 AM »
I had the feeling it was an ISP related problem originally. I'm not on the same connection I used to be. It just randomly doesn't work for me now. It happens at the main forum page leaving the whole forum inaccessible. Sometimes it just starts working for me again though. I'm not sure what causes the forums to not load though, since I at least get the error page the forum displays when it doesn't work.

I also get problems connection to IRC sometimes too. The problems don't always occur together though. It tries to connect and then says "NULL" somewhere. Probably just the connection failing for IRC.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Error With Forums
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 07:37:58 AM »
Strange... wonder why that would cause SQL errors, since that's all server side.

Perhaps the connection gets closed or reset while it's still sending the POST form data to the webserver.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Error With Forums
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 12:57:10 AM »
Gah, it finally starts working just before I run out of time. It's gotten much worse lately.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Error With Forums
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 08:32:30 PM »
Ok, don't know if this helps but....

If I follow a link from my email about a PM notification, it seems to work every time. If I go to the main page (in a new window) after logging in from the PM link, there is no trouble. But if I try to go to the main page before using that PM link, it seems to fail almost every time.

IRC seems to be a write off though. It hasn't worked in probably well over a week now.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 08:35:44 PM by Hooman »

Offline Sl0vi

Error With Forums
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 11:20:10 AM »
Have you removed the fixes from the HOSTS file? Some members had problems with this.
!!!YAY!!!

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Error With Forums
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 09:22:55 PM »
Umm, I'm on a random computer in an internet bar. There was definately no such fix applied here. And if there was, I doubt I'd have the permissions to remove them.