Author Topic: Zzj  (Read 1881 times)

Offline zigzagjoe

Zzj
« on: May 14, 2006, 08:46:36 PM »
To put it simply: Good bye, and thanks for all the fish. It was nice associating with ya'll.

I will no longer be visiting these forums(or IRC chat) regularly(read: never) for unspecicified reasons. If you need to contact me for any reason feel free to do so via email, AIM, Yahoo, MSN, or IRC on network irc.rizon.net on channel #FFAAE nick ZigZagJoe.

Oyasumi.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 09:15:37 PM by zigzagjoe »

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Zzj
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 08:42:42 PM »
Well, since more than just a few people are starting to ask what's going on with Joe, I'll explain it for everyone.

We decided to deop Joe on irc because of his attitude over the past few weeks, we just felt it was not representative of what a good op should be. (No offense to you Joe, if you happen to be reading this). He's not a bad person, just we have been getting too many complaints and have seen too many conversations turned sour when Joe reacted the wrong way to a joke which wasn't intended to offend him at all. We just felt this sort of behavior was unfit for a person who people look up as an operator.

If you are unclear about any of this, ask any of us and we can clarify what we believe constituted a de-op.

Anyway, we reached a decision last night regarding this behavior, and we felt that it would be in the community's best interests to deop Joe. This was by no means any sort of personal vendetta against Joe, I've worked with Joe on several projects related to OP2.

However, we had no plans to drive him from the community at all. His decision to leave was purely his own choice. If he wants to come back at any time, he is completely welcome to come back and participate in the community.

Anyway, it's been great having Joe around and hopefully we'll see him come back at some point.

-- op2hacker and the rest of the OPU team

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Zzj
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 11:16:09 PM »
I'll miss ya Joe...

Oh well, have fun with whatever you do later in life.

Stormy
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline lordly_dragon

Zzj
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 12:09:58 PM »
farewell ZZJ. Your support to the community and your work will never be forget.

op2 rox, u should of stayed with it

Leviathan with all respect. most of our lives are not rotating around op2. there is other interest and joe had one and I beleive in is choice.  

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Zzj
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 02:30:26 PM »
Yeah, there could be other reasons as well.
From what I see he seems to have other stuff going on in his life..

If that's the case with anyone, if they have other stuff they need to deal with that first. I don't think anyone's life should revolve around OPU (or any place on the internet, for that matter).

Of course we'd like to see someone stay but if they have other, more important stuff going on in their life, internet activities should probably take a back seat.

Offline Sl0vi

Zzj
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 04:06:28 PM »
Bye joe!

why did spirit1flyers post get deleted?
!!!YAY!!!

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Zzj
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 04:28:06 PM »
Deleted both spirit's post and levi's post because:

1- lev's post was a bit insulting