Author Topic: I'd Like To Know  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Vexhare

I'd Like To Know
« on: March 14, 2006, 07:29:48 PM »
Does multiple nurserys = higher birth rate?

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
I'd Like To Know
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 07:40:52 PM »
I was told that they don't increase the birth rate, but lower child deaths. So your pop goes higher overall. FWI: med centers lower death rates for all people, so they are better to have.

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
I'd Like To Know
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 06:24:13 AM »
although i find it handy to have at least one backup nursery as most nurseries are placed in areas that are built early in the game, forming the core of the colony. it seems that distaster triggers target this part of the colony most often (the general area around your initial starting location and structure factory). having a nursery farther aware from these areas prone to destruction has saved me a number of times. a disaster that strikes the core of the colony usually takes out some important structures so considering that you arent producing new colonists without the nursery, it gets hard to maintain your population long enough to replace the buildings.

TIP:

In colony games, make it a rule of thumb to build another CC and structure factory as you get into higher marks. the starting location is usually slammed pretty hard.

Offline zigzagjoe

I'd Like To Know
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 10:00:07 AM »
no, nursery do not stack. you'll get the same birth/death rate and moral effect with 1.

Offline Vexhare

I'd Like To Know
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 10:57:12 PM »
Yeah I usually do multiple CC's and Factorys just as a manner of experiance, but thanks for all the information regarding nurserys. Helps my stategem a bit now.