Author Topic: /me Battles  (Read 3717 times)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
/me Battles
« on: March 10, 2006, 05:09:45 PM »
I am finding more and more of this /me battle where people do crap to each other and try to out do each other.  This how ever does not mean you cants use the /me command in the chan just dont be using it to have battles.

This is getting to the point of spam.  These games need to be done in the lobby.  so they wont interfer with other people convos.

Its every day #outpost2 stuff.  Yes it has but it has been increasing to the point of spam and were if people were talking it would ver very distracting.

This is just OP opression.  Damn right it is you people are getting away with so much.  There are rules in life that have to be followed. And i dont want to hear any thing about rules being bent or broken because its the law of nature that is BS and every one knows it.

The lobby is right there people USE it or dont have these rediculous /Me battles.

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
/me Battles
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 05:28:30 PM »
/me battles to that extent are nothing new. We always had them and I wouldn't mind seeing them in the future in #Outpost2.
You can't just forbid everything. people want to have some fun. As long as people watch their language its ok. You are too much of a hardliner. Don't you see that you're pissing people off? One day you will make people leave the Community with this attitude.

/me battles are not spammy, they make the chan more lively and thats just what you wanted, isn't it? you always said you don't want people to idle. Now they are chatting and its still not right.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
/me Battles
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 05:47:39 PM »
There is a difference in wanting people to be more active and doing utter nonsence in the main chan.  This is the way its always been then its time for a change just like every thing else has changed

Offline zigzagjoe

/me Battles
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 05:58:39 PM »
personally, i think they're fine as long as they dont get out of hand (ex, disrupting other convos, just being generally spammy in content)

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
/me Battles
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 02:13:43 AM »
it doesnt cause a problem until someone says it is. ie: when someone says "hey yur interrupting my convo, knock it off." until someone comes out and tells someone to stop using /me it isnt a problem. trying to prevent this type of thing will be virtually impossible and only lead to arguments. theres no reason to make a big deal about this until it happens in the chan. when it does, address it then and on a case by case basis. im sure now that the comm has been made aware of our concerns that visitors to #outpost2 will be more conscious about the use of /me.

Offline Mez

/me Battles
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 03:11:38 PM »
/me battles in my definition are not spam when there is no other conversation in the channel, as they DO increase activity, it probably what i would most likly join in with.

However if the /me's are interupting other convos then ill ask them to move to the lobby.  Whenever i have asked this previously in the main chan ppl have moved there convo to the lobby

Offline Sirbomber

/me Battles
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 03:37:32 PM »
Freeza, I have no idea why you hate me so much. Arky and I have one of these so-called "/me battles" and then a few minutes later you go crying about how we shouldn't be allowed to have them. Can't you just leave me alone?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
/me Battles
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 03:38:39 PM »
Dont even pull that crap about how i hate you and i pick on you.

Offline Mez

/me Battles
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 05:55:29 PM »
No one hates each other!

Some people just dislike /me's on irc

leave it at that,  I really dont want to read anymore stuff about people hating each other, but i have no right to stop you from continuing

--Topic Closed --