Author Topic: Comp Pics  (Read 7886 times)

Offline Oprime

• http://Moogleforest.net
Comp Pics
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2006, 10:26:44 AM »
Ok... Before everybody starts going  (OT) Read this and understand why this card is better then most AGP cards. Please remember that the card that I purchesed is the same one as in the review but they underclocked it to 430Mhz instead of the cards normal speed of 460Mhz. This card is amazing I been reading on what people have done with the card. They say that this card can do 490 - 500Mhz easy and the memory up to 1.415Ghz. At those clocks the 7800GS Superclock is almost as fast as a 7800GT (almost).

FiringSquad GeForce 7800GS Superclock review
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 12:04:04 PM by Oprime »
CPU: AMD Phenom II 940BE
RAM: Patriot Viper 4GB (2GB x2) DDR2 1066Mhz
Motherboard: MSI K9A2 Platinum
Case: Thermaltake Armor Plus+
Power Supply: Themermatake ToughPower 1200Watt PSU
Hard Drive: Fujitsu 15k SAS SCSI 74GB/148GB Raid 0 @ 189MBps
Moniter: LG Flatron 20.1in Widescreen LCD 8ms 1400:1 Contrast ratio w/ F engine
GFX Card: 4 ATI Radeon 4870 1GB GDDR5 CrossFireX
DVD Burners: 2x SONY DVD-RW
Speakers[/b] Logitech Z-5500 505Watt 5.1 Surround
CPU Heatsink[/b]ZeroTerm NV120
OS[/b]Windows Vista Home Premium x64
:P I'm a Hardware freak ><

Offline selfdestruct

Comp Pics
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2006, 11:20:49 PM »
Its fianally done after a modest 1,300 hundered us doller , selling of old comp , going with out a comp for 3 weeks , countless hours of picing ou tthe best componets , shipping time a 24 hour allnighter build time for perfection = one hell of a piece of machineray!!! :D  :rolleyes:  :lol:

specs
 PENTIUM D 920 /2.8G/FB800 2X2MB CACH
 CORSAIR XMS PRO 1 GIG
 ASUS P5N32-SLI DELUXE
 BFG GEFORCE 7800 GT OC 256MB EDITION
 SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY2
 ULTRA CONNECT 2 550 WATT MODULAR POWERSUPPLY
 LG CDRW/DVD DRIVE
 XOXIDE CASE , 5 QUAD WHITE LED FANS , 2 COLD CATHS WHITE , TWO BOOT TOGGLES
 SAITECK ECLISPE KEYBOARD / RAZER COPPERHEAD MOUSE

(thumbsup) HOPE TO GET ONE MORE BFG SOON (thumbsup)

http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=14fz.jpg
http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=27ks.jpg
http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=37ix.jpg
http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=48gz.jpg
http://img116.imageshack.us/my.php?image=53pz.jpg
http://img116.imageshack.us/my.php?image=61ch.jpg
OUTPOST OBSESSION IS CONTAGIOUS

Offline zigzagjoe

Comp Pics
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2006, 11:42:06 PM »
Oprime ya in 64bit mode?

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Comp Pics
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2006, 11:47:30 PM »
hehe I'll get a bunch of pics of my computer and all the other ones in the house here.... we used to have a P1 ^^. I bet you guys would love to see the number of SCSI slots on that (ewwwwwww)

hehe
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Comp Pics
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2006, 03:18:24 PM »
PENTIUM D 920 /2.8G/FB800 2X2MB CACH

Shouldn't have gone Intel. Lower FSB speed, still trying to get their 64 bit thing right, consumes more power than AMD processors,...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 03:22:07 PM by Arklon »

Offline zigzagjoe

Comp Pics
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2006, 10:14:20 PM »
Ya intel's really struck out lately, and who really knows if theyll recover.

1st: the P4, which old designs (PIII) are continuing to own (Pentium M) at lower clockspeeds, not to mention the amd64 procs
2nd: 64 bit mode is duct-taped on so to speak, it isnt fundemnetaly part of the processor, unlike amd64.
3rd: dual core, again a duct-taped on "feature". amd64 x2 processors are designed from the ground up to utilize dual core, for example a high speed chip-to-chip bus, while intel its just 2 procs on a chip rly

and a ironic twist is that with the next core thats coming out in who-knows-when will not utilize the P4 core. They essentialy said "We f***ed up.", by doing that.

2 other things: SATA vs. PATA and AGP vs. PCIE.

In both cases no chip/disk mechanism where applicable can saturate the "slower" respective bus (PATA, AGP).

I just dont get what the big whoop is about sata, yeah its smaller cable but thats it. no hd mechanism can saturate ata-100 so you dont need 150mbs/300mbs/etc bandwith. and not to mention it is cheaper to get PATA still.

Similar case with PCIE, nothing can saturate agp8x. Only advantage to getting PCIE is that you can do SLI/CROSSOVER(or whatever ati's thing is called).

EOF

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Comp Pics
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2006, 06:53:57 PM »
I just thought I'd point out that SATA has more features than increased connection speed (despite the lack of increase in drive speed). I've heard of a few SCSI like capabilities built into SATA devices that you won't find on the older ATA style. Plus, the smaller cable size is reason enough for me. Those old cables can be a real pain when you're trying to upgrade/gut your computer. Oh, and there's no jumper settings for the drives, so you don't have to ever worry about setting master or slave pins.

Oh, and where I live, the SATA drives are significantly cheaper. They're also more widely available. It'd getting pretty hard to find an older ATA drive, and if you do, chances are it's gonna be of a smaller size than what you'll typically see for SATA.

Even if the differences are minor to you, it's still an upgrade. I don't know of anything that's worse about it. Might as well accept the improvements you can.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Comp Pics
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2006, 08:45:31 PM »
Oh, and there's no jumper settings for the drives, so you don't have to ever worry about setting master or slave pins.
Don't forget that most drives have a cable select pin. This allows you to set master/slave from the BIOS, and you won't have to worry about the setting manually.

Oh, and where I live, the SATA drives are significantly cheaper. They're also more widely available. It'd getting pretty hard to find an older ATA drive, and if you do, chances are it's gonna be of a smaller size than what you'll typically see for SATA.

That's true in some places. Where I live it's not really the case (however, in the stores they tend to sell such crap as Western Digital HDDs) ATA is cheaper (actually I'm not sure if I live by any stores that carry SATA drives?).
The area I live in, you may as well say is still in the dark ages of computing. (There is only one broadband ISP in my city).

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Comp Pics
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2006, 09:10:50 PM »
Ya intel's really struck out lately, and who really knows if theyll recover.

1st: the P4, which old designs (PIII) are continuing to own (Pentium M) at lower clockspeeds, not to mention the amd64 procs
2nd: 64 bit mode is duct-taped on so to speak, it isnt fundemnetaly part of the processor, unlike amd64.
3rd: dual core, again a duct-taped on "feature". amd64 x2 processors are designed from the ground up to utilize dual core, for example a high speed chip-to-chip bus, while intel its just 2 procs on a chip rly

and a ironic twist is that with the next core thats coming out in who-knows-when will not utilize the P4 core. They essentialy said "We f***ed up.", by doing that.

2 other things: SATA vs. PATA and AGP vs. PCIE.

In both cases no chip/disk mechanism where applicable can saturate the "slower" respective bus (PATA, AGP).

I just dont get what the big whoop is about sata, yeah its smaller cable but thats it. no hd mechanism can saturate ata-100 so you dont need 150mbs/300mbs/etc bandwith. and not to mention it is cheaper to get PATA still.

Similar case with PCIE, nothing can saturate agp8x. Only advantage to getting PCIE is that you can do SLI/CROSSOVER(or whatever ati's thing is called).

EOF
Also funny how the Pentium Extreme Edition is slower than the fastest... Pentium D I think? (I know it was some Intel processor.)
CrossFire (which was made from AMR) is ATi's solution.

Eh, eSata I/II might have uses. But probably not very many, if any at all.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 09:16:29 PM by Arklon »

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Comp Pics
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2006, 01:50:24 PM »
Ok... Before everybody starts going  (OT) Read this and understand why this card is better then most AGP cards. Please remember that the card that I purchesed is the same one as in the review but they underclocked it to 430Mhz instead of the cards normal speed of 460Mhz. This card is amazing I been reading on what people have done with the card. They say that this card can do 490 - 500Mhz easy and the memory up to 1.415Ghz. At those clocks the 7800GS Superclock is almost as fast as a 7800GT (almost).

FiringSquad GeForce 7800GS Superclock review
And the 7800 GS supports Vista. Hmm... TCPA compliant?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 08:41:42 PM by Arklon »

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Comp Pics
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2006, 09:47:20 PM »
Here's some pics of my compy. (yes crummy case but the inside is what counts ;)
PS: I have a polaroid CD burner o.0

(sorry, it's really blurry- I can't hold the camera still -_-)
This is the inside of the case with the lights out:

This is a removable HDD case that I put together today (and bought) :D. It's got a 120 GB Seagate Baracuda HDD with an RPM of like 7200 ^^

(that white thing with the cord hanging off my desk is a microphone that I don't use)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 12:08:00 AM by Stormy »
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Comp Pics
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2006, 08:18:23 AM »
You should set your camera's shutter speed faster and take ur pics again (so they won't be as blurry)

Polaroid CD burner, still sort of funny :P
I have some no name CD burner in the 2nd bay on my computer, I don't use it at all (I don't trust it). I'll use my Lite On DVD RW to burn cd's. (Although that sounds like a jet taking off when it spins up a CD)

Offline TRIX Rabbit

• http://androidar.deviantart.com/
Comp Pics
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2006, 04:59:30 PM »
Ok i have 3 comps i will show.
1st is my unbuilt totally clear case

close up

and me holding one of the 7 fans

sorry their so blurry(i tried to hold still)

my current pc i will show when the images get uploaded
I'm more commonly known as AndroidAR now:
My deviantArt

Offline Leviathan

Comp Pics
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2006, 10:25:29 AM »
nice looking. that could look great with lights and in the dark :)

Offline Oprime

• http://Moogleforest.net
Comp Pics
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2006, 10:12:56 AM »
>:D I'm going to get some new gear for my comp. Moving up to 1024MB of Ram (DDR600 –(o.o) can I have it) and a RAID 5 setup. I had a small bottleneck issue when playing F.E.A.R. My HD can't send textures to the Ram > VRam fast enough for the Geforce or my processor to process. The game staggers each time I move, fire the gun, or bogy's move across the screen. :D it's going to pwn once I have it setup and running

p.s almost forgot... does anybody know how to unlock a athlonXP 3200+ so I can adjust the multiplier. And I've been looking at some sweet phase change setups. o.o 2.8Ghz AthlonXP 3200+ with phase change cooling @ less then 10c
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 10:21:55 AM by Oprime »
CPU: AMD Phenom II 940BE
RAM: Patriot Viper 4GB (2GB x2) DDR2 1066Mhz
Motherboard: MSI K9A2 Platinum
Case: Thermaltake Armor Plus+
Power Supply: Themermatake ToughPower 1200Watt PSU
Hard Drive: Fujitsu 15k SAS SCSI 74GB/148GB Raid 0 @ 189MBps
Moniter: LG Flatron 20.1in Widescreen LCD 8ms 1400:1 Contrast ratio w/ F engine
GFX Card: 4 ATI Radeon 4870 1GB GDDR5 CrossFireX
DVD Burners: 2x SONY DVD-RW
Speakers[/b] Logitech Z-5500 505Watt 5.1 Surround
CPU Heatsink[/b]ZeroTerm NV120