Author Topic: Hiatus  (Read 1417 times)

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Hiatus
« on: January 03, 2006, 01:47:13 PM »
My computer is no more. Ive lost all my data. Due to my fear of government overlords, secret police and nazi storm troopers I never back up my proggies and such on disk. Thus I have lost all my graphic design and 3D modeling software including anything I was working on at the time. Back to square 1. Im saving up to build the compy to end all compys. I figure if Im out a computer, I might as well build a kickass one if I do it at all. Dual nVidia 7800 GT SLI, dual-core AMD, 3 gigs ram, nice monitor, etc... So Im not going to be around for a while. If you need to get ahold of me, send me a PM as I will get those quicker. I will not be on mirc for the forseeable future. Any projects I was working on will have to be redone without the use of my previous resources (Im down to MS Paint and notepad at best, here). Ive only gotten 4 pictures for the reunion collage and will need at least double that to make it worthwhile so keep them coming. If the college gets done, I will remake it at a later time such as when I have my graphic design facilities back up to 100% and will re-release the reunion collage as a framable special edition for members.

Also if anyone would be so kind to do so, would someone keep me informed as to major events in OPU as well as mirc? I mean the stuff beyond what would be found in the main parts of the forum (I havent the ability to scour the entire forum anymore). So if moogle blows a gasket and hoses down mirc wil an uzi, someone let me know k?  :P

Thx guys n girls

Offline zigzagjoe

Hiatus
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 03:20:01 PM »
what happened to it? head crash on ur hard drive? or did ya get pissed enough at it to finally toss it out the window? =p

Offline zanco

Hiatus
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 03:55:10 PM »
Poor computer and poor data.  :'(
May they rest in Peace, far away from any kind of Formatting.
if anyone finds and communicate to us that which thus far has eluded our efforts, great will be our gratitude.
          Jakob Bernouilli

"Zanco`, n00b o' The Flares"

Offline Leviathan

Hiatus
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 03:40:50 PM »
Very harsh, i would hate to lose my key data and data for my projects, i should do more backups and so should u :P

Well hope to c u soon and i hope you can get back to working on ur proejcts again, very anoying that u have to start again with them. And also u need to get the software first.

Best of luck.

Offline Mez

Hiatus
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 04:09:21 PM »
(I used to do auto incremental backups, but the software stopped working sumwher and i never bothered to work out what the problem was.  that jas just spured me to go blow the dust of the proggie an get it 2 work again.