Author Topic: Proposal  (Read 4888 times)

Offline Sirbomber

Proposal
« on: December 29, 2005, 04:47:39 PM »
You know it's going to be good when it starts with "So I was thinking" or "One day" or "Wouldn't it be great if" so lemme pick one of those.

So I was thinking, what if the highly intelligent ultra-futuristic Savant was really out to take over your colony? So every now and then it would give you bad advice. And if you tried to quit the game in a multiplayer game it would say "I'm sorry commander, but I can't let you do that. If I had been programmed to feel feeble human emotions I might feel sorry about doing this...ZAP!" then your screen goes black and your colony gets AI controlled (since your savant had you "taken care of").  :evil laugh:

And on a side note (aka off-topic), will your colonists still try to turn your reses into whor- uhhhh, red light districts?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline omagaalpha

Proposal
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 06:07:18 AM »
while it is a funny idea I don't really think work too well for point player play game but if you use it when player has AI-Management thing then in those coloney being control by it then you will lose them because of evil savant.
But I don't think savant even in this game unless that just call computer AI.
But think user get name the AI which is fun to do so there not name for AI computer system.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 06:16:15 AM by omagaalpha »
Sorry if my grammar and spelling is bad, but I have disablity with it.
Yes, English is the first and only language that I know.

Offline Sirbomber

Proposal
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 09:11:49 AM »
Yes, the computer gets to name the computer, but that doesn't mean it isn't a savant series computer or whatever. And an evil computer fits perfectly with OP1...

The people hate you commander!
Any mistakes at this time will doom you and your colonists to certain death. Have a nice day!
(says absolutely nothing and waits while your colonists starve to death or run out of air)
There is no help available on that topic. You're on your own (meatbag).
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline omagaalpha

Proposal
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 10:59:16 AM »
while it is a funny idea I don't really think work too well for point player play game but if you use it when player has AI-Management thing then in those coloney being control by it then you will lose them because of evil savant.

what did think this part

plus personal don't comment make savent evil & plus for goodness sneak it just make process information about coloney with database  of information on building you can chose infomation.

So actual does much in actual aid player and robet operated by human last recall in outpost 1. So until reseach AI-tech not much can do to rebel.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Proposal
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 07:14:18 PM »
Actually, a lot of what the computer says is Bruce Balfour's idea of humour. If you read his books that's just his personality.

OP1's AI wasn't named anything... it was just called the AI. BUT, considering where OP2 went, I like to call the AI the Savant Series computers just because it ties everything together really well... :)

Offline omagaalpha

Proposal
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 03:27:15 PM »
lol humor well weak but as longer still give personally name of what I like I be happy

Offline Vexhare

Proposal
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 12:38:42 AM »
Would be a good idea... hehe.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Proposal
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 12:02:35 PM »
It would also have been nice if Dynamix didn't introduce so many damn inconsistencies...  :find:  

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Proposal
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 05:08:36 PM »
i would like to have seen how the game was when carl sagan was writing for it :D:D:D:D

that wouldve been intense.