Poll

Eden Nitrogen Oil grenade & Plymouth X-ray

Good Idea?
7 (46.7%)
Bad Idea?
8 (53.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Weapon Idea  (Read 9361 times)

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2005, 04:18:37 PM »
plus if you read the origional post where we discusted these weaponds, the x-ray gun has disadvantages from the thor, mostly it is a LOS weapon, so it cant shoot over walls

so its not like it is a copy of thor

and yes the nitrogen gun has disadvantages on sticky, mabe instead of stopping it completly, it would just make them move very slowly, cause it dosnt really hold them, it just gums up the works in the joints, and freezes their oil
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2005, 09:18:30 PM »
Well i think it would be best to just stop them because making them go slow would involve setting a temp slow tile every time. i think not sure just guessing.

Any way i know you can freeze vec to the ground.  I saw a Semi stuck in my yard once because the wheel were frozen to the ground. :D

The weapon would use some kind of oil or liquid that would freeze on because of the nitrogen.  Think of it like a 2 part epoxy.  Simular to the sticky yet different in the approach.

The Thor is the almight weapon the X-ray would not have the same damages that the thor does.  Very simular to the Laser and Microwave.  With the percussion and Penetration damage.

I have drawn up a X-ray turret but havent scanned it yet.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2005, 09:23:46 PM »
I thought it could just temproarly set the vec speed to 50 or so, but your the programmer

and im not sure how well a thin layer of frozen oil will do against an all terrain with all wheel drive high torque, and designed to operate in areas with no paved roads

they would be alot tougher than a regular car, more like (for the lynx anyway) the army  light combat vec, it also has 6 wheels and all 6 are powered, and its almost impossible to get that thing stuck

I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2005, 10:01:00 PM »
well i dont know s*** about code so lol

that is why there is the Oil a high polymer (or some science term) that would make a object freeze solid and stronger then say water.

If there is a way to make them slower that would make more sence.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2005, 10:08:59 PM »
hell making them move slower is easy, just mod the speed speed number in the sheets.vol, and I know also that reshurch can mod it the same way, so Im guessing that the special aspects of the wepponds (such as sticky and emp) also have that number in them, simply mod that number and you can make it so it only slows the vec, you could even make it so it speeds it up!!

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2005, 10:11:54 PM »
LOL that would be bad to speed them up.  Unless you can make then careen into the nearest cliff and crash lol.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2005, 10:28:14 PM »
that would be funny

make them move so fast that the game cant even map its trail yet lol

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Weapon Idea
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2005, 05:31:28 AM »
Basicly what the 2 of you are up to is to make Eden and Plymouth more like eachother weapons wise. IMO, not a good idea.

So what if the X-Ray weapon will be a LoS wep. I've never heard of a Thor army spending 5 mins going around walls/buildings when it can blast it's way through.

Freeza, I see you mention X-ray won't do as much damage as Thor's Hammer, and that it will be very similar to Microwave and Laser.

Basicly, if you want a weapon to rival Thor's Hammer(Like you stated in the opening of this thread), that weapon will nead to have just about the same Damage and Range that the Thor's Hammer already have. If it lacks Range, Thor's will chew X-rays up at a distance. If it lacks Damage power, the purpose of the weapon is basically gone.
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2005, 01:22:19 PM »
yea, im not entirely sure what he ment by that eather, mabe its like mic or laser because its a beam weapon like they are

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2005, 01:06:26 PM »
Ok think of how the damage is for the laser and the microwave the laser is slightly weaker.  that is how the X-ray would be.  Because lets face it Lightning is hotter then the surface of the sun.  The X-ray laser wont do as much concussive force as the Thor but it will do the same or greater penitration.  The reason behind this is becase lightning no matter how accurate they make it sound is going to arch off at different part of the target vec.  how ever a laser is pinpoint weapon and would blast through armor.  When the concussive and penetration of both are added up the should be very close to equal.  The ranges will be equal tho.

You dont want them to be exactly the same then you would have a definate stalemate.  And if the damages dont come out the be as close as i had planned then the price for buidling(or the total time) the X-ray weapon would go down so more could be built to shore up the numbers.

I am sorry if i dont make myself clear all the time mostly because i have it all figured in my head and dont want to type it all out.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2005, 02:18:50 PM »
that is true, except for one problem, in the game the thor has no cuncussion dmg, its all penatration dmg

so Im thinking that the xray would convert some of the penatration into cuncussion, that would weakon the wep a little bit, and it would make sence, cause lightning would blast right through armor, while an x ray beam can be stopped by thick armor

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2005, 02:25:42 PM »
Ah i see so X-ray would have to be less penetraion and have more consussive force.  But it should equal to about the same in the overkilling power that the thor has lol

Offline TRIX Rabbit

• http://androidar.deviantart.com/
Weapon Idea
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2005, 04:03:08 PM »
why not a gamma ray cannon? gamma rays are stronger than xrays, and penetrate anything except for a lead sheet or really thick concrete
plus it could cause immobility due to its radioactivness
I'm more commonly known as AndroidAR now:
My deviantArt

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2005, 04:31:32 PM »
too high tech for ply I think, x-rays are used for medical centers so they would know how to generate and direct them

in fact, why dont you make it so that ply need to reshurch med centers before they can make the x-ray guns

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2005, 05:31:07 PM »
Because to get a gamma ray that strong you would have to tow a MHD behind the vec.

And i think the Eden coverd the gamma ray weapons with the meteor def.

Also i didnt want gamma ray because every one else uses gamma ray as there most powerful weapon.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2005, 06:48:16 PM »
true, it is so much of a sci fi staple, that its becoming a clishe

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2005, 10:38:34 PM »
I have seen a few games that use Beta and Alpha rays

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Weapon Idea
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2005, 06:48:25 AM »
i think any weapons based on roman phonetics is out ;)

im pretty sure all the weapon types are covered in op2: mass driver, energy, particle, ray/particle, chemical, electromagnetic, mines, standoff weaponry... i think thats really all you can do without getting into really strange and non-op2 stuff.

Offline siqueule

Weapon Idea
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2005, 07:20:20 AM »
maybe a drilling machine to drill insuperable ditches, no? with the robodozer to clog them
attention! ne mets pas tes mains sur la porte: tu risques de te faire pincer très fort
warning! don't put your hand on the door: you risk to be grip very strong

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Weapon Idea
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2005, 08:46:34 AM »
Well, you still have mortars, sonic weapons, plasma and impact weapons to get..

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2005, 01:36:52 PM »
Ok

Sonic weapons will not work on new terra because there is so little Air. They use sound if some one doesnt know.

Mortars Would be nice but its a simple tech so it would be a Plymouth weapon.  But the range of mortars would far exceed the thors hammer and would be very deadly.  Not to mention that is really hard to get a projectile to look like its arching in the game.

I did think of a plasma based flame thrower because you dont need O2 to have plasma.  But the range would be so short that it would be own by every other unit in the game.  Would have been a eden unit by the way.

Impact weapons is that like battering rams lol.  Meat Mr. Super Nova and Mrs Star Flare.  RPG and the Rail gun are impact weapons. both use projectiles that do direct damage.

Offline siqueule

Weapon Idea
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2005, 01:55:12 PM »
have you noticed? the op2 weapons aren't so advanced: all weapons can be realize today, in the reality  <_<
I had thought about a great motor cultivator to cut the tubs, the big lame could be armed when the light are lit  (thumbsup)  
attention! ne mets pas tes mains sur la porte: tu risques de te faire pincer très fort
warning! don't put your hand on the door: you risk to be grip very strong

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2005, 02:44:03 PM »
we can make alot of these weapons today but not at the scale they are in the game.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Weapon Idea
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2005, 04:01:26 AM »
With impact weapons I was thinking more along the lines of machineguns.

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Weapon Idea
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2005, 07:30:51 AM »
why would someone start building machine guns and spend the ore and production fascilities to make tonnes of bullets when energy based weapons are obviously so cheap and easy to build in op2???

why isnt there more consideration for more spider tech? or AIR UNITS???