Author Topic: Ib Store Questions  (Read 5500 times)

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
Ib Store Questions
« on: December 01, 2005, 05:20:07 PM »
I have a few questions about the store:

1. What is a credit card? Why would you need it?

2. How often can you collect interest? How does this work exactly?

3. How often does the Auto collect collect interest? <- it seems to be broken for me...

4. how can i help develp the ib store?

5. Why are things in the Ib store not documented better?<- possible Faq could fix this

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Ib Store Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 05:31:49 PM »
Hmm, I've wondered about those things myself. I half tempted to suggest you go grab the source code and tell use. ;)

Yeah with auto collect interest, does the timer reset whenyou deposit? And if so, how do you know when to deposit? You might have been just about to get interest when you make a deposit.

Also, it seems like you can collect interest in a little less than a day. Is it based on a timer simply? Or is there some sort of time of day where things get processed?

And why the heck do you need to "use" items that you buy before they work.  <_<  

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Ib Store Questions
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 05:32:47 PM »
I have a few questions about the store:

1. What is a credit card? Why would you need it?

2. How often can you collect interest? How does this work exactly?

3. How often does the Auto collect collect interest? <- it seems to be broken for me...

4. how can i help develp the ib store?

5. Why are things in the Ib store not documented better?<- possible Faq could fix this
Answers:

1. What is a credit card in real life used for? That should explain the purpose in itself.

2. You can collect interest once every day. It compares against the last time you collected interest.

3. It collects interest once a day, automatically. It seems to be working as there are log entries saying that you are receiving interest. (I checked the IBStore log)

4. Tell me what you want, and maybe write some code for it. If it's good, maybe it will get included.
I can send you a fresh copy of the IBstore for you to work with if you want.

5. Because the person/people who wrote the IBStore are horrible coders. So don't expect that they would document it well either.

It measures the time since you last collected interest. I think 24 hours has to elapse before you can do it again.

Yes, depositing money resets the timer, I believe. It's sorta stupid, perhaps I'll change that at some point.

The reason you have to use items, is because it's possible to 'trade' items off to other people without using them. The effects only happen when you use them.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 06:37:26 PM by zigzagjoe »

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
Ib Store Questions
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 08:04:24 PM »
if the counter is every 24 hopurs how come I can collect interist more then once a day some times?

does it work how long you have been logged in or how may different links you click?

Offline siqueule

Ib Store Questions
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 11:57:38 AM »
when I put my credit card in the hole envisaged to this end, I tip the code and I get dought...
op2hacker, you say that the credit card of the ibstore is as the real credit card: she is used for put off money without pay the fee?
attention! ne mets pas tes mains sur la porte: tu risques de te faire pincer très fort
warning! don't put your hand on the door: you risk to be grip very strong

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Ib Store Questions
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 12:37:12 PM »
There is no ibstore dredit card (that I am aware of, and I played with the IB Store on a forum)
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline zigzagjoe

Ib Store Questions
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 01:20:55 PM »
this one has one; and yes siqueule it acts as a real one would.

http://forum.outpostuniverse.net/index.ph...E=buycreditcard

Offline siqueule

Ib Store Questions
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 06:15:42 AM »
I tell me a question... the item "increase interest", if I can buy several "interest increase", there effects will be add? I can have 50% of interest, for example?
attention! ne mets pas tes mains sur la porte: tu risques de te faire pincer très fort

Offline spirit1flyer

Ib Store Questions
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 09:56:13 AM »
yep thats the way it works.   But it would take a lot of money.
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline zigzagjoe

Ib Store Questions
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005, 12:56:41 PM »
no; you are only allowed one interest upgrade.

Offline siqueule

Ib Store Questions
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 03:59:43 PM »
oops, it's a pity... I would have as rich as Stormy! (but how he has do to have all this money?!  :lol: )

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Ib Store Questions
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2005, 06:42:22 PM »
i did notice that i could collect interest more than once in a day but that was quite a while ago. ive timed it and it is exactly 24 hours between interest collections. i dont think theres a need for a debit card when we have a credit card.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Ib Store Questions
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2005, 12:35:28 AM »
You can buy multiple interest upgrades. I'm sitting at 11% I believe.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Ib Store Questions
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2005, 03:46:33 AM »
sounds like a load of crap to get that much interest when the idea of the Store is to post to get ore not to sit around and collect the interest.

Offline Leviathan

Ib Store Questions
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2005, 06:30:23 AM »
Well a Store FAQ page can be started on the wiki.

Offline siqueule

Ib Store Questions
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2006, 06:46:06 PM »
11%? it's great! when the items will be restocked ?

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Ib Store Questions
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2006, 08:11:46 AM »
The items get restocked.. well, pretty randomly. For example, if I see that an item is out and a bunch of people are asking for it, I'll probably restock it.

I would turn on auto restock, but then you'd have too many of the people who live to gain more interest. ;)

Offline Sirbomber

Ib Store Questions
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2006, 09:55:23 PM »
All the "Useful Items" are... destocked... I think...
Not very useful anymore.
And we (I) want more user effects! And effects we can use at the same time!
Like glitter names! Or something. Just agreee with me and it will all bowl over.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Ib Store Questions
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2006, 12:04:23 AM »
yea I remember back in the days of xfir and I was ritch, I had a cool glow effect for my name
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline zhukant

Ib Store Questions
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2006, 02:41:02 AM »
I think the IB Store is a waste of time. But that's just my opinion.

You get pretend money, put it in a pretend bank, buy pretend products, and use pretend credit cards. If you think about it, then it's very similar to a children't "store" game, where they draw money on paper then give it to the 'cashier', and buy items that you already own at your house.

It seems to me that the IB store was created for forums that were fundamentally boring, and people wanted something to do while on them. Our forum is not the same. It is about Outpost2, the best game on earth. There are many topics you could discuss with interest, and not get bored.

I'm not saying that you should remove the IB Store, but I think that spending so much time worrying about it's correctness, ease of use, or enjoyability. It's there, and if you're bored, go and fool with it. If it's too basic for you, then go and post some thoughtful, involved post that will keep you busy pondering the meaning of things.

I mean no offense, and I intend to sound calm, not angry or ranting. Well, that's all I have to say. Thanks for listening ^_^

zhukant
Detected rip in space-time continuum. Attempting repairs. Attempt #1 failed. Cause: unknown. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #2 failed. Cause: probe annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #3 failed. Cause: fleet annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #4 failed. Cause: 404 Could

Offline siqueule

Ib Store Questions
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2006, 11:50:42 AM »
it's fun to manage his money; and to have a glow effect or another think, it should be deserved, that support the people to come more often in the forum B)  

Offline Leviathan

Ib Store Questions
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2006, 12:59:50 PM »
We will probly restock it next at reunion time.

Offline zigzagjoe

Ib Store Questions
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2006, 03:06:34 PM »
wow zhukant, ya really hit the nail on the head for me. complete same feelings here
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 03:06:46 PM by zigzagjoe »

Offline zhukant

Ib Store Questions
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2006, 04:05:21 PM »
I am glad that you agree with me, Zzj.

Siqueule, that is a double edged sword. On one side, you are right, that it will draw more members to the forum. By gaining money from the Posts they make, and having something to do with it, they will be more interested to post. However, on the other side, they can begin to post just for the purpose of posting and gaining money, and we don't want that either. We might get people that have no interest to join the conversations, and post incomprehensible, off topic replies. That is why I disagree with the IB store acting as a device for attracting more members.  
Detected rip in space-time continuum. Attempting repairs. Attempt #1 failed. Cause: unknown. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #2 failed. Cause: probe annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #3 failed. Cause: fleet annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #4 failed. Cause: 404 Could

Offline siqueule

Ib Store Questions
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2006, 05:25:39 AM »
You have reason Zhukant, but the money gained can be send to other members to maintain virtual social relations! :blush: