Author Topic: Colony "customization"  (Read 3690 times)

Offline Sirbomber

Colony "customization"
« on: November 28, 2005, 06:49:43 PM »
What do oyu think about having different governments and laws to pick for your colonies? And your government/laws would affect things like morale, production times, ecnomy, population, etc.

And maybe you could have different religions for your colony, and it'll affect morale. Your colonists will have higher morale/etc if you go to war with a "rival religion" (convert them to your religion), but their morale will go down if you fight with a colony with the same religion. Maybe personality cults could form so your people will actually worship you and do whatever you say if you're good enough.

then your title would change... No longer Command Sirbomber... GOD Sirbomber!!!  :evil laugh:  
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Leviathan

Colony "customization"
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 06:53:14 PM »
All good ideas :o

But they wont get explored for a while im afraide.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Colony "customization"
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 07:00:37 PM »
what exactly was the goverment in op2, I remeber they had a councel, and mabe some senators, but teh noliva has very little info on this topic
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Colony "customization"
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 10:38:11 PM »
I doubt there is much room for religion in OP2. What did they do? Pick 200 colonists from Earth, all of a different religion? Probably not the best way to ensure the survival of the human race.  <_<

Although, I can certainly see where that would go with morale and who you're at war with. I think maybe just goverment types would have sufficed there. Government types seem to flop around enough, even if people all have an initially established and followed system.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Colony "customization"
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 12:23:18 AM »
Personally i dont like having this political stuff in the game.  Its a suvival game and politics is all BS and false smiles clearly not survival.  I see the Morale being handled alot like it is now through buildings like the rec center forum Resisdents and so on.  And besides most people hate politics.

And that Religion thing was already done in AOE Empire Earth and so on.  I beleive there is only 2 factions Eden and plymouth its up to you to to run your colony good not the religion of the colonists.  As for converting units that would be called a EMP spider combo.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Colony "customization"
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 03:51:45 AM »
Woolooloo!  :P  (Sorry, it just had to be said).

Kinda seemed like there was a bit of politics in the novellas though. But yeah, politics are BS, and would only server to demoralize the workers.  :P  

Offline Leviathan

Colony "customization"
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 04:38:00 AM »
All your colonists are working for your colony for the greater good of it. I hardly think politics or religion would come into it.

Offline Vexhare

Colony "customization"
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 05:30:32 PM »
It honestly sounds like were all a bunch of communists, ragh!