Author Topic: Movies?  (Read 4598 times)

Offline Sirbomber

Movies?
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2005, 06:11:43 PM »
I'm surprised it doesn't work like the playlists. Just set the one you want to play nad poof.
On a side note, uh, how do you get THEM to work?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Movies?
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2005, 06:19:33 PM »
Playlists?

As for the thing about just setting which movie to play, it seems a fair bit got hardcoded into the game. It would have been nice if more of it relied on supplied data.

I could go into some detail on the sound system if that's what you're asking, but it sounds like a topic for a new thread.

Offline Sirbomber

Movies?
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2005, 06:20:32 PM »
TethysGame::SetMusicPlayList(int numSongs, int repeatStartIndex, enum SongIds *songIdList);

But yeah, another topic. So look for me over there.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Movies?
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2005, 06:31:36 PM »
Well, I was just talking with Hacker. We both seem to be doubting the DLL_PROCESS_DETACH idea will do anything now. The memory that is being modified is within the address space of the DLL, and it gets unloaded right after DllMain is run with DLL_PROCESS_DETACH, so there wouldn't be a chance to read the modified memory. At best the idea should do nothing. Oh well, doesn't look like there is a good way of controlling which movie is played. :(

Offline Sirbomber

Movies?
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2005, 06:36:41 PM »
Oh well. The movie isn't the important part, it'd just be a nice effect.
And if people want it, they can just go and play MEF.avi if they win (since MPF sucks) or MEBF.avi if they lose. (since MEPF sucks too)