Author Topic: What We Really Wanna See  (Read 3892 times)

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
What We Really Wanna See
« on: November 13, 2005, 09:55:44 AM »
(DM-Horus) hey, what do you guys wanna see in an op2 sequel?

(SirBomber) Demons.

(OPU_Levi) lol

(DM-Horus) as you wish

Offline Sirbomber

What We Really Wanna See
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 09:58:33 AM »
Awww, you shouldn't have.  :P  
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
What We Really Wanna See
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 10:03:41 AM »
Haha, Santa is next :D

Santa will give you what you wanted for christmas! either that or X amount of ore! B)

Have him appear only on Christmas day or on Greenworld (aka christmas tree land :P)

stormy :op2:
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
What We Really Wanna See
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 06:57:06 PM »
Ok, this one is kinda funny. But don't go pushing it. Considering other posts of yours, this one is a little innapropriate. Besides..., where's you ability to say no to "cool" units.  ;)

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
What We Really Wanna See
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 06:41:15 AM »
inside joke, hooman. dont go taking forum posts so seriously and dont hold a grudge, yeah? if you look at those forum posts, they more or less stayed civil until leeor and stormy took offense and it started feeding on itself. i mean no harm by any of it, so please back off. if you want to go throwing your mod weight around go ahead and delete my posts. im not here to be anyones friend or impress the mods. theres a difference between making a joke (this pic) and making a joke of the opu community (by adding ridiculous units to projects). thats my point. believe it or not, im on your guys' side!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 06:52:48 AM by dm-horus »

Offline Leviathan

What We Really Wanna See
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 07:06:51 AM »
alltho...!

once we can edit unit graphics i think something stupid should be one of the first things to be created :D

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
What We Really Wanna See
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 07:14:14 AM »
Sure! so long as its not a habit  :P
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 07:14:54 AM by dm-horus »

Offline Sirbomber

What We Really Wanna See
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 02:00:41 PM »
alltho...!

once we can edit unit graphics i think something stupid should be one of the first things to be created :D

Several already in the development stages!

Secret Plymouth Military Briefing:
Gentlemen, we have a situation. Our spies in Eden have reported some dire news. Eden has developed a new weapon which is ready to be mass-produced. Our spies sent an Eden report to us. The weapon was originally found in databases taken from Earth. While we remain unable to recreate the weapon, we have been able to identify the weapon and prepare for the coming attack. If you would turn your attention towards the monitor...

[

As you can see, this is a true threat. Eden's new weapon will be the doom of us all.

Satellite Photos of deployed prototypes:

Yeah, it looks kinda bad, but I drew it quick and I'll work on it later. Maybe.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 02:29:12 PM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
What We Really Wanna See
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 02:38:54 PM »
Muahaha! That would be great for a OP2 mod, "Outpost 2: Sports Edition".

Offline spirit1flyer

What We Really Wanna See
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 03:37:48 PM »
or we could make a mission called the Attack of the Killer FootBalls :P
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
What We Really Wanna See
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 05:04:05 PM »
Outpost 2 in flash!!!
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
What We Really Wanna See
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 09:10:52 PM »
lol beta, im finishing up outpost2 pong in flash  (thumbsup)  

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
What We Really Wanna See
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 10:07:32 PM »
Hah! Killer footballs. That's awesome!  (thumbsup)

I should add that as a sort of cheat... kinda like the catapult cows in AoE

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
What We Really Wanna See
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 10:16:19 PM »
lets see, what other random stuff can we cook up

oh I know, lets make it so that instead of lava, your base gets overrun by staple sause!!
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
What We Really Wanna See
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 11:28:09 PM »
better yet, if you play too long, a virus warning comes up and it's beta singing a chicken song :P
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Sirbomber

What We Really Wanna See
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 02:39:38 PM »
better yet, if you play too long, a virus warning comes up and it's beta singing a chicken song :P
NOOOoOOOOooOooooOOooooo!

On a side note, how many of you would scream in terror if you had to fight a massive army of hello kitty dolls armed only with 3,200 Thor's Hamer Tigers?

(raises hand and screams in terror)

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
What We Really Wanna See
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2005, 04:30:55 PM »
inside joke, hooman. dont go taking forum posts so seriously and dont hold a grudge, yeah? if you look at those forum posts, they more or less stayed civil until leeor and stormy took offense and it started feeding on itself. i mean no harm by any of it, so please back off. if you want to go throwing your mod weight around go ahead and delete my posts. im not here to be anyones friend or impress the mods. theres a difference between making a joke (this pic) and making a joke of the opu community (by adding ridiculous units to projects). thats my point. believe it or not, im on your guys' side!

It's not that much of a concern.

There was nothing wrong with this post taken in isolation, but it really sounded like you were poking fun at the whole OP3:Genesis team considering the other posts you'd made. A lot of people felt you were attacking them in the other posts, and I didn't want you to spam the forums with attacks against them. (Which you seemed to have done). Now granted, I didn't expect overt attacks against them after the response your other threads got, but I was still worried about continued nuisances with posts that don't outright say anything against them but still poke fun at them in less obvious ways. This thread had that feel to it, and I wanted to make it clear that I wouldn't allow you to keep pestering them in such a way. (If that's what you had really been up to.) In effect, I was worried you WERE making a joke of the outpost community.

As for Leeor and Stormy taking offense, does that really surprise you that they did? You have a way of comming off sounding kinda mean at times, and a little more curtesy wouldn't hurt. You may not be here to make friends or impress the ops, but we're all here because we enjoy being here. If you make it miserable for other people to stay, then you destroy the purpose of this site. Granted if it wasn't meant to hurt other people, then fine, we forgive you. But please be a little more aware of how what you say affects other people, and try to phrase it accordingly.

Granted, you seem to have come to an understanding with the Gensis group, so I consider that stuff a non issue now. As for grudges, I'm not the kind of person that's able to stay angry at someone for very long, no matter what they do.

So yeah, it's all good.

As for the game types listed here. Some of those sound rather amusing. I wouldn't mind wasting a little bit of time playing some of those.  (thumbsup)

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
What We Really Wanna See
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2005, 04:57:28 PM »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
What We Really Wanna See
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2005, 11:39:19 AM »
OMG!  I didn't actually think it existed!  AHHHHHH!!!!!!
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names