Author Topic: Something I Realized  (Read 2835 times)

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Something I Realized
« on: October 08, 2005, 10:58:15 AM »
In order to make this as 'efficient' as possible, we should get the design document sent around the Core Team before we begin using this  forum. This way, people can directly see what is in the document, and where they would need to make changes to add their idea to the document.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Something I Realized
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 01:00:34 PM »
That is one of many things that needs to be considered. Actually, I don't know if we should even have this forum open.

BTW, I want to see if we can get the forum names changed from simple Outpost: Genesis to Outpost 3: Genesis because that's exactly what we're working with here: OP3

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Something I Realized
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 05:56:04 PM »
I've just changed the names.

Tell us if you need anything else done :)

-- op2hacker

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Something I Realized
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 06:20:04 PM »
Hmmm do you think you guys need to be in the Other Project part of the form.  I think it would be nice if you could be seen in the Main part of the forum.

Offline spirit1flyer

Something I Realized
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 09:31:32 PM »
Hmmm do you think you guys need to be in the Other Project part of the form. I think it would be nice if you could be seen in the Main part of the forum.

I think it should be moved too. From what I heard it was put here because nobody thought there was any work being done on it.

spirit
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Stormy

Something I Realized
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »
Well, they were wrong weren't they?

It would be nice to move to the main projects area.  :D

Thanks Everyone

Stormy  :op2:  

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Something I Realized
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 09:52:13 PM »
Hmm, I was actually in the process of suggesting some forum reorganization. One of the points I was gonna bring up was the location of this forum. As the most active one, it seems a bit odd how tucked away in subforums it is (when others aren't). But then, my advice might not be to move it to the main page so much as having a more consistent organization. My main concern at the moment is clutter on the main page. Plus, activity might come and go, and we don't want to constantly move projects based on activity. Anyways, I'm currently undecided as to what the best place for this forum is, but I think something needs to be done to make this project forum a little more prominent in terms of the other ones.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Something I Realized
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 10:02:16 PM »
I think it should be moved too. From what I heard it was put here because nobody thought there was any work being done on it.

Thats because they were hiding every thing they could till me and hacker came across it lol.

Well Hooman this is the most current and active project there is I belive and it is hidden away in the OTHER PROJECTS like a red headed step child.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 10:05:24 PM by Freeza-CII »

Offline Stormy

Something I Realized
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 10:06:43 PM »
Hmm, have a genesis sub-forum containing the one this is in, and the other "Ideas" forum. Why not have an OP3 section on the main page for the OP3s that are going on now/will go on in the future (assuming they will).

Renegades and Spirit's projects could be moved to an OP2 subcategory, and Maybe the same with MIA.

So,

OP1 Related Projects
OP2 Related Projects/campaigns
OP3s and related projects

Sound good?

Stormy  :op2:  

Offline spirit1flyer

Something I Realized
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 10:19:45 PM »
Spirit's projects could be moved to an OP2 subcategory

hmm I sense something..... Hmmm its my part of the forum being hid  :P

I would not mind to much if the mapping project is moved. Because after all it is a small addon compared to any of the OP3 projects

spirit
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
Something I Realized
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 10:26:43 PM »
Thats because they were hiding every thing they could till me and hacker came across it lol.

Actually, until you flapped your yap about it in one of the earlier threads...  :find:

Anywho...

OP:MIA is a very active project... it's just all going on behind-the-scenes because it's an offline project whereas OP3 is an online project. So I think it would be good to leave OP:MIA's forum where it is.

I think, though, that the OP3 forums should be merged. I really don't know why there are two Genesis forums... I guess stormy would have more insight into that.

BTW, thanks hacker for the change!  (thumbsup)  

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Something I Realized
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 12:47:03 AM »
I think, though, that the OP3 forums should be merged. I really don't know why there are two Genesis forums... I guess stormy would have more insight into that.
They are seperate, because we want everything well organized, ideas not being merged with other stuff. There are many ideas and its just better to have them in a seperate forum for easier reference. As I see it we currently have a lack of communication inside the team. Such questions shouldn't be asked here.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
Something I Realized
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2005, 12:27:43 PM »
As I see it we currently have a lack of communication inside the team. Such questions shouldn't be asked here.

Agreed. I just learned why stormy hasn't been online for awhile and I will remember to look everyone up first...  :heh:  

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Something I Realized
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2005, 02:30:39 PM »
FYI, I may attempt to do a mod to the forum that would allow a subforum inside a subforum (I see no reason why it wouldn't work)

Also, Lev suggested the idea of a list of subforums inside the main category of the forum. (Eg. you see the forum description, link/title, and then below that, a series of subforum direct links).

We all have to decide what would be the best way to organize everything. I agree we probably shouldn't give projects 'top status' just because they are more active or "better", but we could move them to the top of the subforum listing.