Author Topic: Playing Op1  (Read 3237 times)

Offline <emp>(elementals)Eric

Playing Op1
« on: August 10, 2005, 02:54:25 AM »
It may be obvious to others, but I can't seem to get it all started... can someone tell me how to build the colony after the seed factory? Everytime i place something, either i never see any options again or something else... so can i get any help?
I live in my own little world where don't push me or i'll shove you is the only rule!

Offline OP2Patriot

Playing Op1
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 09:53:42 PM »
I have just beat Outpsot 1.5 on its hardest level (and in three hours, I might add). Thus, I feel somewhat qualified to answer this.

Okay, first thing I do is look for a place to land with the greatest concentration of clear terrain, and in such an area look for the nearest mine. Now land the seed factory one tile north and two tiles west of the mining beacon. That way the seed factory smelter is right next to the mine. After you have the seed factory down, RoboMine the beacon, and Robo-Doze terrain next to the "open" ends of the tube intersections. On one of those ends put a Robo-Digger to work. This will allow you to have underground structures.

So, eventually you'll get to land the colonists and cargo. Land them anywhere that won't possible be in the way, but within comm range of the seed factory. Turn 12, you must have your Agridome and CHAP built.

That is a start. I recommend that you read the documentation that comes with the Outpost 1.5 CD.

The Forbidden Outpost 2 Forum ... they don't want you to know about it.
Yell if the above link disappears.

Offline Vexhare

Playing Op1
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 11:29:09 PM »
I personally havent been able to play OP1 yet... Anyone know how to get it working on a laptop ?

Offline zhukant

Playing Op1
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 11:45:48 PM »
You have to make a CD of it from the ISO that this website provides. For that you need a CD burner, and a program like Nero.

Or you can make a virtual CD drive, and I'm not sure how to do that.
Detected rip in space-time continuum. Attempting repairs. Attempt #1 failed. Cause: unknown. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #2 failed. Cause: probe annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #3 failed. Cause: fleet annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #4 failed. Cause: 404 Could