Author Topic: Wow. :d  (Read 1875 times)

Offline uberpizza

Wow. :d
« on: August 06, 2005, 10:38:06 PM »
So I was looking through my pile of old pc games about a week ago.  I saw Outpost 2.  I recieved the game for Christmas about 7 years ago: I'm pretty sure it was my first RTS, (it could have possibly been C&C, I'm not sure though).  At any rate, I decided I'd play through a mission or two.  Well I ended up playing through the Eden campain and I'm about halfway through the Plymouth.  I'd forgotten how awesome this game was.  I decided to look for a patch online and I discovered this site.  I'm amazed that there is an active community for this game out there, I was expecting it to be dead.

To sum it all up, I'm very excited to start playing this amazing game again, and I was wondering if I need to install the version of the game on your site to play with other people, or if my cd version is sufficient, I guess I'd have to patch it though.  Basically, I'm a bit confused on how to configure the game properly for online play.  Last but not least, I'm sure I'm rusty at this game and some training would be much appreciated.  Thanks a lot guys! :D  

Offline Tellaris

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 10:42:08 PM »
Due to certain changes to the game, you cannot play with just the CD version...   It would be possible except for a few changes that where made to the game.   Some people are understandibly unhappy about this.   Anyway, yes, you do need to download the game from this site.   Unfortunately, no composite patch file that includes all changes made to the game exists at the moment.   I think I'll have to start pushing for one...   >.<
Also we need a update list, changes made since the sierra version...   Theres another thing to push for...
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline zigzagjoe

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 10:44:43 PM »
you'll have to dl our ver, but you can use the vids and music from the cd.

www.outpostuniverse.net/multi.php <-- all multi setup info

drop by irc some time as well!

howdy and welcome 2 teh forums!

EDIT: what we have is essentaily a patch, most all the files, except for a few data files, have all been changed.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 10:48:36 PM by zigzagjoe »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 12:55:01 AM »
welcome, some of use still have the CD version on our computers, but the site download version is the best one to go with.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 08:36:17 AM »
yay, and welcome

after 7/8 years im very excited still about op2, and to play it :D

C&C games were some on my first RTS games, ive allways liked RTS games the most, then city builders.

the irc download you need to get to our chat room is:
http://www.outpostuniverse.net/files/OPUNNSIRC.zip

i hope u stay with the comunity and keep enjoying this great game!

p.s. get rid of all ur other games

Offline lordly_dragon

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 07:42:18 AM »
welcome uberpizza (nice nick pizza rox :P)

and for those who actually know me well 1 full month witout internet is a PAIN 3 week of isp s*** and 1 week of vacation  :blink:  

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.

Offline Sl0vi

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 02:12:17 PM »
Hi and welcome to the community :)
!!!YAY!!!

Offline zhukant

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 01:01:53 PM »
Hello, and welcome to our forums.

One other thing - don't forget to install Hamachi. It is a network system that allows people to play with each other. I am sure Leviathan or Punboy or Hacker will be able to explain it in more detail. Anyway, go download it off of:

http://hamachi.cc/

Have fun!
Detected rip in space-time continuum. Attempting repairs. Attempt #1 failed. Cause: unknown. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #2 failed. Cause: probe annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #3 failed. Cause: fleet annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #4 failed. Cause: 404 Could

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 01:23:29 PM »
The setup guide for Hamachi is here outpostuniverse.net/hamachi.php

cya on irc