Author Topic: If You Got G-lined, Try This.  (Read 3353 times)

Offline zanco

If You Got G-lined, Try This.
« on: July 22, 2005, 02:20:40 AM »
We might have found why people got G-lined.

If you get G-lined and you see in the window statue "You are not a network service," This might help you.

According to the people on #help, "you are not a network service" means you have "Quakenet" somewhere it shouldn't be. If you have played enough with mIRC options, you might have noticed that your full name is always displayed as "Quakenet" and your email as "opu@outpostuniverse.net" and when you try to change those (by Disconnecting and going to View >> Option >>Connect. ), they go back to "Quakenet" and "opu@outpostuniverse.net" whenever you relaunch mIRC.exe. Your full name displayed as "Quakenet" might be the source of the problem: "Quakenet" is indeed somewhere it shouldn't be. To fix that, we only have to set your name to anything permanent and  different from "Quakenet". But first, let me explain why your name and e-mail always switch back to what we know.

The reason your name and email revert to "Quakenet" and "opu@outpostuniverse.net" is because of variable predefined in your script.
This variable name is :%autoconserv.QuakeNet. %autoconserv.QuakeNet gives mIRC some values which are used for initialization. Some of these values are your email and your full name. So if you want to fix the problem, the only thing to do is to change your email and full name there. Instead of Disconnecting and going to View >> Option >>Connect., go to [/b]Tools>>Scripts Editor...[/b] at that point, you should see a new window poping up. Click on the Variables tab and then Find Text Button; Type in "%autoconserv" (without the quotation marks) and then Find text button.  You should see a line similar to this:

%autoconserv.QuakeNet &null &null opu@outpostuniverse.net 1 0 0 Quakenet

All you have to do then is change Quakenet to a name you want, and if it pleases you, you may even change opu@outpostuniverse.net to your e-mail. When you are done, click OK. Wait about 30 minutes and then reconnect.  :)

Some people may ask: why this "Quakenet problem" happened only now. My answer: I don't know.

Thx to Freeza-CII for helping us find solutionS to the problem ;p
if anyone finds and communicate to us that which thus far has eluded our efforts, great will be our gratitude.
          Jakob Bernouilli

"Zanco`, n00b o' The Flares"

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 05:39:11 PM »
Thx.. its anoying this prob came up now and didnt happen when the script was first tested or wutevea.

Btw i suggest u dont put ur any email u actualy use on irc, i usealy use foo@bar.com, ppl use irc to get emails to send spam to.

Offline zigzagjoe

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 06:24:10 PM »
actually, if i remember right, the email is never sent to the irc server.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 07:21:32 PM »
/whois <nick>
and u get there name, email, nick and chans.

Offline zigzagjoe

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 07:43:28 PM »
that is their hostmask. most cases its a vhost that isn't even valid.

foramt is nick!ident@host

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 05:55:25 AM »
ok quakenet dosent show ur email in a whois but on other networks it does.

Offline zigzagjoe

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 10:46:17 AM »
It dosen't do it even on other networks. I tried EFNet, QNet, Rizon, Undernet..... and none show a email. that is just there for the identd usr ID, i belive.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2005, 09:26:15 AM »
The scripts on the site have been updated, you can download them and use em and you shoudlnt get g-lined from qnet.

Offline plymoth45

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 01:25:24 AM »
right, did all the above, still glined with the same error