Author Topic: Hooman, Zigzag, Dennis, Plym  (Read 3270 times)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Hooman, Zigzag, Dennis, Plym
« on: July 04, 2005, 11:08:18 PM »
I was talking to plym about different ideas of what can be done with fire (line from east to west was the original idea)

anyway, I came up with idea of putting OP2 real big in all flame letters.  Unfortunately, when I start working on the 2, the O turns to ash, so, I would like to make a proposition.  I will be supplying logs to those of you who wish to help and we can work together to make an impact.  At the very least it would be a way to start a contest out of it  :heh:

I can pay you with GP (or raw materials, as hooman would only help for that if at all)

any of you want to try it?
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Tellaris

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 03:31:29 AM »
What you need to do is light them all at the same time.   I suppose this could be done with a line of something or other that is very combustable, and about the same length...   Or you could hang them from/on something, and run around them with a torch...
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 07:41:28 AM »
Sorta confused as to whether you're using a computer program to do this or doing it in real life.

If you're using a program: what program?

If you're doing it in real life, use alcohol or gasoline as the ignition material. (For example: O--P--2, the --'s being just lines of gas or alcohol). Alcohol would ignite the fastest and cleanest but it evaporates extremely fast.
(Reminds me, I've seen some interesting things with alcohol, if you put it inside one of those big blue watercooler jugs, and slosh it around so it coats the sides of it with alcohol, then stick a match in (do this using proper safety procedures, unless you want to have your hands, or worse blown off)
The noise is really f***ing loud!!

You can only do it one time with the watercooler jug in a short time since water condenses inside, and vaporizes, making it impossible to light the alcohol again.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 10:14:56 AM »
I assume this involves RuneScape.

Have you tried burning higher level logs? They will burn for longer. If that doesn't work, send me a bitmap of the proposed writing layout so I know on which tiles to place the logs.

Oh, and one more firemaking level and I can burn magic logs.  :)
(Yes, I'd been a real firebug in the past and tried making all sorts of images with fire).

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 10:17:09 AM »
ohh, lol. You should have said that in the topic CK

Modify the game and try to get a mic lynx gfx in there :)

Offline `Dennis`

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 01:54:21 PM »
i havnt played runescape in so long >.< ig uess i could help

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 05:54:48 PM »
I guess really we could make any monochrome image. But it'd be diffifcult to make a large one. Unless maybe we had lots of people to help. If anyone has a monochrome image of a lynx that isn't too large, we could give that a try.   B)  

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 10:55:08 AM »
lol, hacker, that's why I said specific names, 'cause they were all in the RS list.

I've been trying with Willow logs, hooman
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names