Author Topic: Your First Time  (Read 6619 times)

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Your First Time
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2005, 11:07:03 PM »
Mouhahahaha.

Ahh who knows. It could happen someday.  B) It's be a really amusing way to win. I've been tempted to make my own test level just to see it happen.

Hey siqueule, have you triend sending the cargo truck at some EMP and spiders? :)

Probably not quite the intended effect, but I guess it's a start.

Offline siqueule

Your First Time
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2005, 05:44:29 AM »
at the time I did not know the particularity of the spiders! I dont remember if I had tried, but that hard, the lynx are the most quickly and they haven't all an emp turret  :D  but I will test when I would have time
attention! ne mets pas tes mains sur la porte: tu risques de te faire pincer très fort
warning! don't put your hand on the door: you risk to be grip very strong

Offline Tellaris

Your First Time
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2005, 03:27:12 PM »
You give them the truck, in effect.   But it dosn't make them friends :(
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Leviathan

Your First Time
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2005, 03:53:25 PM »
Please keep this thread to just one post per person for your first time playing Outpost 2.

Offline Harky

Your First Time
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2005, 12:09:32 PM »
I bought Op2 in 1996 or 1997  and i tried playing it.. i went into the eden colony game and  i died from no food.. yeah.. then i hid the game away for 3 or 4 years.. found it by accident.. learned how to survive... then played on won as crusher333 and my first game i got owned... pretty simple.. then continued ot play online till i got good.. then won went byebye  and then i saw op1 at zellers for a 4.95 so i bought it.. installed it... it was gay.. couldent do a thing.. so its downstairs in my basement somewhere... thats my story lol...

Bye :P

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Your First Time
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2005, 01:07:04 PM »
christmas day, either '96 or '97

game was still new, got it, installed it, played it, wanted to go multi, dad saw lots o' cussing going back and fourth and wouldn't let me...the end
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline OP2Patriot

Your First Time
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2006, 04:39:51 PM »
Sometime in 1996 I got a hold of Outpost 1.5. Even though I didn't understand the part about building underground structures until later, I enjoyed the game.

The year Outpost 2 came out, I saw it at the Sam's Club and I really wanted it. Parents for the next two Christmases didn't get it for me. Then one day in 1999 I saw it for sale at the Bloomington Coat Factory. I bought it for fifteen dollars. At the time my dad was the only one with access to Windows, so he would only allow me on for forty-five minutes at a time. It took me a while to get used to the game, given how little I could play it. I played it more when my mom got a computer that could play Outpost 2.

One day someone told me about NHCS, and for the last year or so of that forum I was a member. Then eventually I become a moderator for my knowledge of trainers at Killer's ill-fated forum, and become an admin for my organization techniques. When the forum split, I answered xfir's call for staff and op2hacker and I became admins here. After the forum war ended, those were the golden days of this forum. A month or so after the It crisis I became less active and my activity here was in and out.

The Forbidden Outpost 2 Forum ... they don't want you to know about it.
Yell if the above link disappears.

Offline Mez

Your First Time
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2006, 06:14:49 AM »
Some time in 98 i think i was in a pc game shop. and saw op1.5 and op2 packaged together. for some cheap price, and i bought my first pc game with my bvirthday money.

Play op1.5 for a bit, kept dying etc then played op2. didnt go back to op1.5 for like 18months. even then i found it to be flawed an still couldn't quite work the game.

The first time i went on WON, no one was there. wen ton later at night when i realsed that most ppl were american and all the english came on when teh americans were.

Then i joined Lev's clan which he took over from Zanco (which i breify tried to run after lev left to form the DA, but failed)

Then i left teh game for about a year when WON shut down.  That year later i chatted to lev again who got the op2 irc channel going on qnet, got opped there play lots o game ovr ip against him there. left fpor 6 months then came back to the irc, found this forum (in xfirs time) and stuck with it.  Only rly gettign the op postition on irc an this mod position because i met lev on WON and we were like the only 2 english regular players at teh time as well.

well there is my brief history

Offline Anima_Vex

Your First Time
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2006, 05:20:13 PM »
Yeah... around 98 or so. Or even 2000. Anyways, I lived in Puerto Rico, Luquillo, to be exact, and I had my old Packard Bell Computer. One of my first games, aside from Warcraft 2 Battle.Net Edition (I think... it was extremely long ago and I really don't remember the specifics) was Outpost 2. The first time I played it, it was awesome. Campaign mode went by very fast, and I eventually continued to play the Colony games; however, when I got an internet connection, I started to play on WON. Obviously, I had Dial-Up (Coqui.Net 56k. It was decent at that time, and was decently fast to boot), but that didn't impede me from playing, and I played around 20 games in those days, whereas I was forced to quit form around five times that many games. I wasn't really good, but it was fun. However, the CD got lost someday, and I wasn't able to play again.

Later on, I remembered the game (2004 - 2005) and I searched online for it. I found the Demo, and continued to play in it, also playing Starcraft and Warcraft 2. However, it wasn't until late last year when I found this. By that time, I already had Warcraft III and loved it, but I still tried to buy Outpost 2. I once got near to buying it on EBay, but my parents forbade it, so I missed my chance. A few months later I was seaching the web for Outpost 2: Divided Destiny and I found this website. I've stuck around ever since.

That's it.
Wannabe Novelist, Drawer, Anime Style, and all-around creative insane person. I also like to study tactics... but RTC games aren't exactly easy to watch for such things... we don't actually think as much as we should, and that's why I love TBS games. However, that doesn't mean I don't like RTCs!

Offline Vexhare

Your First Time
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2006, 10:15:33 PM »
Well ironically... I had just gotten a computer and decided I needed a game. Went to Target and low and behold Outpost 2 caught my eye.... twas a love affair I havent left yet.