Author Topic: Do You Wanna Help?  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Leviathan

Do You Wanna Help?
« on: May 14, 2005, 10:07:12 AM »
panda and Bozip and others are offering there help which is great, more help the better. So i though id post this.

Who wants to help us out? With anything at all, we would love the help!

Make sure you post here also.

Offline bouzip

Do You Wanna Help?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 10:08:22 AM »
i can (my name is already included there)

i can do maps, some grapichs too, ask me about something else, and i'll learn that >_>

and of course, be helpful on irc^^
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 10:09:09 AM by bouzip »
Anime is something really nice in this world

Offline Sl0vi

Do You Wanna Help?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 10:11:12 AM »
I would love to help....

but I don't really have any skills...
!!!YAY!!!

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Do You Wanna Help?
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 10:18:41 AM »
Sure I'll help.

I'm currently working on a few great programs for Outpost2.
I'm also Eddy-B's mapper and might make some nice multi maps when I got the time.

Offline zigzagjoe

Do You Wanna Help?
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 12:28:35 PM »
i'll help too.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Do You Wanna Help?
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 09:22:32 PM »
Graphics/Web Design/Programming

That's my forte!  :ph34r:  
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 12:57:03 AM by leeor_net »

Offline zhukant

Do You Wanna Help?
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 12:49:39 AM »
Well, I don't really know anything yet. But I really want to add to the community, and since I can't play Outpost 2 (Don't ask), helping would be a good thing to do.

--
Detected rip in space-time continuum. Attempting repairs. Attempt #1 failed. Cause: unknown. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #2 failed. Cause: probe annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #3 failed. Cause: fleet annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #4 failed. Cause: 404 Could

Offline plymoth45

Do You Wanna Help?
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 10:39:39 PM »
My high atm is Web Coding, i have basic map-editing skills with C++, basic C++ skills what so ever, once i arse myself to remember and reinstall my program. I know very basic PHP, anything else anyone wants to know? I would like it if someone would put me on something, it would more than likely make me more active then i have been (Not that that matters, with work and all).

Offline Tellaris

Do You Wanna Help?
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 01:41:11 AM »
I already help!   I help hooman with his random projects.
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline RockNavator

• http://www.rocknavator.outpost-universe.net
Do You Wanna Help?
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 06:29:01 AM »
I can do whatever ya tell me to. I've got about 8 hours aday which need filling with some acttivity other than simply staring at the deadzone of OP2 irc. I've got the crapiest of computers and one of the slowest conns here probably but I can still be worth a lot.

skills: PHP(Advanced),JavaScript(Enough),VB(Plenty),C++(barely),HTML(Like my BigToe),MySQL(Advanced),Graphics(ya.butnotcreative)

-07:02:21- (@OPU|Leviathan) a say u wanna do web work etc

Offline cycletronic

Do You Wanna Help?
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 05:50:24 PM »
I have the ability to help (mostly interested in awesome new colony maps or Eddy-B's campaign).  I may not be able to donate time, though.  Let me know what you are in need of, and I'll do what I can.

My abilities include:
:op2: Coding (I've got VS 2003 and the like, plus a BS in computer science)
:op2: 3d graphics (i.e. creating models)
:op2: Editing just about anything (writing, videos, sound effects)  (I say editing because I can't always create stuff that's very good)

Note that my art skills come from a non-traditional background, so it's hard for me to come up with new stuff that looks very good.  If I have a reference object, I can usually create a model/drawing with fairly good detail.  So if you want new buildings and such, I need good concept art.  My texturing ability is also not so good.  I can UV models just fine, but actually creating good texture maps is something I'm not so very good at.  Coding is definitely my stronger point.  

Anyway, just drop an email or post here if you could use my help.

Offline xamlit

Do You Wanna Help?
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 01:27:16 PM »
I'm willing to help w/ whatever. I don't have that much free time but i'm a nightcrawler so that doesn't really matter. My skills include:

bowstaff skills
ninja skills
lightsaberskills
speedracer skills

Jk.... Don't know if anyone has seen Napoleon Dynamite or not

But here are my skills:

My greatest skill is networking. I've been a network administrator for my school since I was 11. If OP2 ever had a huge lan party, I'd provide the stuff. I am an avid Unix scripter. My VB6 skillls have gotten significantly better over the last couple of weeks as I have been to churning out little useful programs. In terms of VC++ , I've pretty much got the syntax and logic down and I've just started to implement fresh code instead of editting existing stuff. My HTML skills are pretty solid and I am working on pHP.. Mysql was pretty much a walk in the park one saturday morning. Ah... Last but not least... My system building skills. I've been building comps since I was 9. If I think of anything else I will edit this post.

If anyone needs any help for coding/testing dll's or AI's just let me know. I am more than willing to help!

Xam

Offline thablkpanda

Do You Wanna Help?
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2005, 04:56:52 PM »
Lol Levi, I feel special.

I try to help, but my 'skills' aren't all that. I know alot of PHP. And i'm working on MySQL database integration. I know basic C++, or enough to code maps. I'm working on C++ to learn to code programs to integrate with my webserver (that WILL be up and running by the end of july, hopefully) And then I'll have a DNS server, and everything ;) It'll be off tha chain!! And hopefully, I'd get the honor to re-design and host OPU. But that's in the future ;)

Blackest Panda

Offline Leviathan

Do You Wanna Help?
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2005, 12:32:19 PM »
I hope all of you will help with the wiki, its a big job. There is a lot of data needing to be copyed to the wiki then formated.