Author Topic: Eden Vs Plymouth  (Read 3099 times)

Offline oz_wwjd

Eden Vs Plymouth
« on: May 04, 2005, 05:36:31 AM »
Well when i used to play on WON I had some bad experiences with me attacking with Thors+emps,then I hear Missile launch detected,my whole force gets EMPed missiled.tigers being not the fastest thing on earth,damn slow things can't move fast enough.Then What felt like 300 spiders rushed in and next thing I have half my force coming back at me.How do you defend against that!!It's not like Meteors defences are mobile,even though I'd like them to be,Mobile meteor defense vehicle for OP3 is my dream...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 05:38:33 AM by oz_wwjd »

Offline gpgarrettboast

• Administrator
Eden Vs Plymouth
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 07:09:28 AM »
I will take that into consideration. :)

Offline zigzagjoe

Eden Vs Plymouth
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 07:59:51 AM »
also, on some maps, there is wreakage to make the tigers as fast as panthers. Ones i know have it are Flood Plain? and Borehole. Using that and scatter usually works pretty good.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Eden Vs Plymouth
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 12:48:04 AM »
The wreckage actually makes them a little faster than panthers. Which kinda makes panthers look pretty pathetic. (Then again, it could be a terrain thing, since the vehicles have different drive types).

Anyways, I've come across a few DLLs that used wreckage. Was it mostly Space Race maps?

Offline Hawk

• http://wonbirdsofprey.tripod.com
Eden Vs Plymouth
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 03:22:10 PM »
So in other words, you walked right into a colony, but didn't bother to look ahead to see that there were "like 300 spiders" to greet you?  ESGs double for cockaroach hotels and raid is an additive in the acid clouds.  Those bugs won't stand a chance.  Also, try to keep a few lynx nearby to augment the Tigers that weren't knocked out.  Unless you have more than 1 front, an EMP missle should -never- knock out all your vehicles.

Oh, yeah, there is a mobile meter defense for OP2.  They're called EMPs.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 03:23:54 PM by Hawk »
<PÅ>Hawk "Birds of Prey"

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Eden Vs Plymouth
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 12:01:56 PM »
Since Flood Plain is a landrush map, I guess wreckage is found on alandrsuh map ?
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Hawk

• http://wonbirdsofprey.tripod.com
Eden Vs Plymouth
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 12:05:07 PM »
As far as I know, the wreckage only exists in Flood Plains.  Unless someone made a map with it in there.  Ask those technical types if it's possible to put it in another map.
<PÅ>Hawk "Birds of Prey"

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Eden Vs Plymouth
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 06:28:37 PM »
Yes, the Hooville example in the SDK places some Tiger Speed Modification wreckage in the middle of the map.

I'm also pretty sure there are more built in levels with wreckage, but I can't remember exactly which ones they were. I think there might have been a post about which levels do somewhere on this forum, but good luck finding it. :(

And yeah, I think all the built in levels with wreckage are of a certain game type. I'm pretty sure only the Land Rush maps had wreckage (and only some of them). There is of course nothing that requires this game type in maps with wreckage. Hooville was setup as a Last One Standing.

Offline Sephiron

Eden Vs Plymouth
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 11:05:01 PM »
What most users would use to defend agaisnt an attack like that would be to most likely get a bunch of acid cloud lynxs, or use emps to emp your own units. Emp missle does not reemp everything only units that are not emped already. Bring your acid clouds in front of your main force. Another tactic you could use is to break your forces up. Make an extra division for each spaceport your enemy has.