Author Topic: OP2 Sock Is Out!  (Read 3907 times)

Offline Leviathan

OP2 Sock Is Out!
« on: April 23, 2005, 10:09:50 AM »
Well the op2sock which was originaly being made hasn't got anywhere more.

OP2 Sock was a project which set out to enable people behind firewalls, nat devices like routers etc able to play, well now it can be done!!!

The wait is over! No port forwarding for routers, just simple setup for everyone. This means anyone and everyone can now play online Outpost 2!

In the form of a program called Hamachi, it does what OP2 sock would :) Howevea it only works on Windows 2000 and XP, so if your runing something else, time to upgrade!

Go here for setup guide!

Lets get the gaming ON!

As allways we meet on our chat room on IRC to play.

And I would like to that this opportunity to say xamlit you are a RETARD! He has known about this program for months!!! Its been out for 4 months for god sake!! He didnt think to tell us, even tho it changes the world of OP2 gaming as we know it! If you catch him on IRC slap him with a large trout!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 07:46:58 PM by Leviathan »

Offline thablkpanda

OP2 Sock Is Out!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 07:10:08 PM »
So does this mean that people that normally couldn't host games on outpost can now, Through hamanchi of course, but we can host now? Because I just spent like 10 minutes getting everything straight with my routers and crapola... so what's the deal bro?

Offline Leviathan

OP2 Sock Is Out!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 07:16:53 PM »
Well people behind routers can only host if they can foward the port range, and then they must use natfix. And they can host fine, like me. If you cant foward the range, just the single port you can only join games.

When it comes to using Hamanchi when using it, everyone you are going to play with must be on the virtual network. Anyone can host and join on it with no extra setup, just need to be connected.

To answer your question, if you cant host over the internet because you cant foward the range, you still cant because nothing has changed. But like I said, you are able to host games when using the hamanchi virtual network.

outpostuniverse.net/multi.php

Having Hamanchi expands our gamers base a lot! :D Thos people who cant foward ports at all, can simpley play using this.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 07:19:40 AM by Leviathan »

Offline Punboy

OP2 Sock Is Out!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 07:00:07 AM »
Dude, Levi, Man... stop confusing them...

To simplify his horrendous post, YES with hamachi you can host games perfectly. Just make sure that OP2 says your outgoing IP address if your Hamachi IP. On my system this did not require natfix.

Another thing, in order to play players using Hamachi, you must also have Hamachi.

Woot.
Help control the human population. Have your spouse spayed or neutered.

Offline Ezekel

• http://ezekel.deviantart.com
OP2 Sock Is Out!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 05:22:30 PM »
lev... don't call ppl retards, its incredibly rude, and not befitting of an admin.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 05:22:57 PM by Ezekel »
My mind is quicker then your eyes!

Never fight what you cannot see!!!

----------------------------------------------

The sleeper has awakened... and boy what a hangover!

Offline Leviathan

OP2 Sock Is Out!
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 05:30:41 PM »
thats me, a jackass :)

i talk on forums how i talk on irc

sorry

and sorry to xamlit, but he should of used his brains and told us so it can change our lives like it has done

Offline xamlit

OP2 Sock Is Out!
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 06:37:43 AM »
LOl... I don't mind at all. I actually think it is pretty funny and it would be cool if his post wasn't edited.. It really is funny when you think about it.

Offline Leviathan

OP2 Sock Is Out!
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 08:06:52 AM »
glad you dont take me too seriously, its meant to be light hearted.

and now we have it, hamachi that is.

Offline xamlit

OP2 Sock Is Out!
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 11:02:18 AM »
Lol... I never take you seriously Lev...  You call me names, I call you names... Its a hate, hate relationship..

Lol...

Xam

Offline `Dennis`

OP2 Sock Is Out!
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2005, 02:07:03 PM »
>.< yea sept it useless for me casue i cant use it in school as were only win 98. levi stop being lazy and find a differnt program!

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
OP2 Sock Is Out!
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2005, 02:23:51 PM »
I somewhat resent that Dennis.

You go on google and try to find a program like that, if you think it could be done better. Or code one yourself. ;)

Lev shouldn't be at blame here, no one really should be. Its just something xam happened to know about so he told Levi.

Offline Phantom

OP2 Sock Is Out!
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2005, 04:32:01 PM »
Thanks for getting that Hamachi program thing. I was finnaly able to play multiplayer (After waiting a year, lol).

Works great for me (Since I have a router that wouldn't work even after configuring it. lol).
Crappy Avatar by me. lol
My website: EQT RPG

Here comes the Thnikkaman!!!

"Bringing the metal back to where it belongs!" - Limozeen

Offline Mez

OP2 Sock Is Out!
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2005, 09:52:58 AM »
Dennis, depedning on your school wouldn't hamachi not work?

Im certain that u will not be able to install new devices on a school netwrok where you have limited permissions

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
OP2 Sock Is Out!
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2005, 01:58:03 PM »
His school only has Win98. The packet capture driver Hamachi uses only works on 2000 and XP.

But yeah the permissions would probably be an issue too? (Actually, maybe not on Win98 machines - they don't have a "root" and "user" level account system like NT based machines do).