Poll

Yes
13 (76.5%)
No
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Case Sensitive In Game Font ?  (Read 2228 times)

Offline Leviathan

Case Sensitive In Game Font ?
« on: April 17, 2005, 01:46:13 PM »
We can edit the in game font to be case sensitive, this means that the text shown in the status bar will not allways be in caps. So when a chat message is recived it will shown up in the status bar like it was sent, not all in caps, and how it shows it in the communication panel. This will be the same for all messages which are shown in the communication message box, thats messages like worker has died etc. The text in the status bar will be just the same as it is communication message log.

What ya think?

Offline zigzagjoe

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 01:53:01 PM »
I really couln't care less about if the font is uppercase or lower. only thing i see it being used for is smiles, and that isn't really important.

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 07:23:13 AM »
Those uppercase letters are annoying and must be killed at all costs...
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline <emp>(elementals)Eric

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 11:37:29 PM »
Pity goes all to those who wish for the game to have case sensitive fonts, uppercase is much easier to read and therefore less confusing in the tides of battle. What i type would look like a garbled mess in lowercase but in upper case you see all and understand all
I live in my own little world where don't push me or i'll shove you is the only rule!

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 12:23:07 AM »
Pity goes all to those who wish for the game to have case sensitive fonts, uppercase is much easier to read and therefore less confusing in the tides of battle. What i type would look like a garbled mess in lowercase but in upper case you see all and understand all
For me the opposite is true.

If I type lowercase and I see uppercase it confuses me.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 01:07:15 AM »
By and large, most people find it easier to read mixed case than all uppercase. There was also something about serif vs sans serif fonts, and all kinds of whitespace rules. But, I'm not in that technical writing course anymore so none of that matters. But still, mixed case is easier to read. Both from personal experience and from what I've been told.