Poll

Should we merge?

Yes
16 (64%)
No
9 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: OPU / UEGO Merger  (Read 8597 times)

Offline Leviathan

OPU / UEGO Merger
« on: March 23, 2005, 05:21:30 PM »
Some old Outpost players have started a gaming network called UEGO (Universal Electronic Gaming Outpost), (uego.net - #uego). It's been going for a while but like all new things they start slowly, their forums are new etc. So as part of the merge, should we merge the forums, and add their forums into a subsection of ours. We could get their members here and give them their own skins, etc. Also their forum has sections which any good forum has, which we lack, we'd like to add these sections to our forums giving people the chance, to talk about more topics. We think this would be great as it means more members for both, more activity. All good things.
They're a gaming network which means they have sections for different games, members for different games, etc. The OPU would be their part for Outpost series games. The website would have a 'Part of UEGO' on every page.
Joining forces should help us all.

If not this, we could make one section on the forum, which instead of going to a topic view, it redir's to the UEGO main forums. (They could do the same for us).
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 04:30:30 AM by Leviathan »

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 05:58:44 PM »
don't merge!

Whereas I don't yet know if we should add more general sections, I am defintly against other games than Outpost being discussed in here. It would bring more people, but it would also distract from Outpost. And whats the use of it, when several groups of members stay in their subforums? If someone is interested in Outpost, he/she'll just come here and register.

Merging is the wrong way to get more activity.

Offline it2000us

OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 06:11:42 PM »
Dont listen to that idiot, i think we should merge, it will be more fun to talk about other things rather than outpost. No offence but talking about outpost on this forum for what? 6 years is frying my brain, i need new input. I think other will agree, hopefuly.

And new threads about other games will be nice too, like Diablo, or warcraft.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 06:52:58 PM »
do you have a link so that we may see some of the stuff they have?
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Leviathan

OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 06:57:23 PM »
Its in my post ^^

web www.uego.net
irc #uego

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 07:03:58 PM »
If not this, we could make one section on the forum, which instead of going to a topic view, it redir's to the UEGO main forums. (They could do the same for us).
I'd agree with this solution

btw. whats the opinion of the uego members? Do THEY want the merge?

Offline CK9

• Administrator
OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 07:07:35 PM »
I like what I've seen on their site, it seems like a good comunity of people and is well kept.  If the members are up for a merge, then it might not be a bad idea for the two communities
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline Leviathan

OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 07:08:38 PM »
Its up to the UEGO admins who are the old op2 players, not there members i think. their a new community.
But thx for brining the point up.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 07:14:11 PM »
sorry to be a nit-picker, but wouldn't that statement kinda make you a hypocrate? :P

anyway, as to the old OP2 members, who are they exctally?  I mean, were they ever on Kevin AR's forum? (If not, then don't bother answering the previous question unless it's obvious that the screen would be recognized)
CK9 in outpost

Offline Leviathan

OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005, 07:16:30 PM »
RipperKhan and EmpeorKosh are the old op2ers who are main UEGO people along with others.

Offline it2000us

OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005, 07:19:04 PM »
Hey im a staff guy there, so u got my vote on merging.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2005, 07:19:39 PM »
*slight cringe* kosh is alright...when he isn't in a pissy mood.  Ripper must keep him in balance there or something
CK9 in outpost

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2005, 07:21:38 PM »
Kosh actually I think hes decided to not act like his former self. like hes shaped himself up better.

Lol how is lev a hypocrite ?

Offline Tellaris

OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2005, 07:23:19 PM »
Another forum move for us could be disasterous, we could lose many.
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Leviathan

OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2005, 07:28:28 PM »
rolf Baikon. read what is said, and i mean everywhere..

they would come here, we aint going anywhere.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 07:29:22 PM by Leviathan »

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2005, 07:31:40 PM »
lol, yea they would merge with us if it happens.

We hope this is our final resting place forever. we finally have our own domain / site etc, its not a subsite of anyone/anything else. We always wanted that, and now we have it.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2005, 07:32:54 PM »
That reminds me, I should work on my site again...
CK9 in outpost

Offline zigzagjoe

OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2005, 07:53:13 PM »
Seems ok to me, aslong as the uego people are ok with it

i don't know about the other game discussion though.

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2005, 08:06:10 PM »
I dont know about this .. It sounds like a very bad idea to me. I fear a great power stuggle between us and them then the community suffers as they try to take over us or we try to take over them.

I vote no!

Offline Leviathan

OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2005, 08:08:29 PM »
We are kept seprate. Share forums tho cuz it makes sence, all there gaming network memebrs will reg with us.

Offline Nightmare24148

OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2005, 08:09:09 PM »
Unlike rich industry. we need to merge to survive ;)

^_^
I look to see, in the mirror.

All I see, is that he is me.

Offline EmperorKosh

OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2005, 08:09:44 PM »
sorry to be a nit-picker, but wouldn't that statement kinda make you a hypocrate? :P

anyway, as to the old OP2 members, who are they exctally?  I mean, were they ever on Kevin AR's forum? (If not, then don't bother answering the previous question unless it's obvious that the screen would be recognized)
I'm reading more and more of this as I go on, and I suppose I'll admit it. Have any of you guys wondered where the hell I've been instead of #Outpost2 ? I'm a part of the UEGO, and the reason I haven't said anything about it is xfir was hosting us, and xfir and I haven't gotten along too well in quite some time, so basically I had to go undercover or otherwise our hosting would be cut. And yes TH300, the majority of us would like to merge.  :P

Oh yeah I just remembered why I quoted this. CK9 if Kevin AR's forums were the old NHCS forums, then yes, I was there. I suggested quite a few things for an Outpost 3, and Flakker Panther was the one who usually didn't agree with my ideas but ah well; whatcha gonna do.  :rolleyes:  
Live free or die...[/b][/i]

Offline EmperorKosh

OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2005, 08:12:07 PM »
No, since we're smaller in terms of how many people are in our community Baikon, I'm willing to move MY forums again. (This will be like the third or fourth time. Lmao, but the active ones of us are still there.)  :P  

Offline Leviathan

OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2005, 08:14:05 PM »
We host uego.net now :)

Offline EmperorKosh

OPU / UEGO Merger
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2005, 08:16:16 PM »
I dont know about this .. It sounds like a very bad idea to me. I fear a great power stuggle between us and them then the community suffers as they try to take over us or we try to take over them.

I vote no!
A power stuggle? (/me laughs) Lord no... Dude the only person I didn't get along with on the OPU team was xfir. Now that he's out of the picture...  :lol:  

Anyways the only person I didn't really get along with was him. Also I didn't really get along too well with MoogleKupoHax; well actually I did, unless he decided to ride my ass about something when I was in a bad mood. And yeah CK9 I do have mood swings I know. LoL; I have a lot of things to be angry about though.  :(

However other than those two people, I get along with everyone else quite well. Especially the administrators you guys have now, namely Leviathan, Op2Hacker, and even though I don't think Hooman is an administrator, I get along with him quite well too.  :)

But when I'm on my computer now, I'm here to answer questions that anyone has about the possibility of a merger. Something else you might've not known, is that Leviathan and myself probably first started talking about a merger two or so months ago, but couldn't come to an agreement. So then, we'd just let it be, and bring the subject back up a few weeks later. LoL.  :rolleyes:  
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 08:18:56 PM by EmperorKosh »